• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Bondwell laptops for shipping

curtis

Veteran Member
I was getting my Bondwell laptops ready for a run at ebay and discovered I've lost all but 1 AC adapter.

So, here's the deal, if you'd like one of these, pay postage and when you get it and get a chance to play with it you decide if you want to throw more money at me, I'll definitely take it! How much is entirely up to you.

Here's what I've got:

Bondwell Pro8T - this one has the AC adapter and boots up. I was able to format floppies in both drives. Will include a boot disk DOS 3.2, but it's not a complete DOS disk. It has some Word Perfect stuff on it. However, the hinge for the display is kaput and the screen flops back.

2 Bondwell Model 2's - one has a modem and the other has a RAM disk.
2 Bondwell Model 8's - one has more yellowing than the other. Otherwise, they're identical.
1 Bondwell 106 external floppy drive. Not sure which one it works with.
1 Bondwell carrying case fits all of the above EXCEPT the 8T

FYI, the Model 2's were CP/M and the 8's are DOS. They look EXACTLY alike, except for the 2 and the 8 on the display facia.

They each weight right at 10 pounds (lead acid batteries!) so shipping weight will probably be around 11 pounds.
My zip code is 79109 (Amarillo, TX). I'm willing to ship USPS, FedEx, and UPS. Your choice.

I'm not limiting anyone to just one or anything like that. If you want 2 or 3, so be it. If someone wants the whole lot! GREAT!

PM me and first come first served.

Questions? Fire away!

Curtis

There's a post office just a couple of blocks from where I work, so I dropped by on the way home.

The laptops fit snugly in a large flat rate box. No room on any sides for packing, There is room top and bottom for packing.

That puts shipping at $14.50 Priority for domestic. International would be $55.95.

That should give people an idea of costs.

Tentatively, The 2 Model 2's are spoken for. Model 8's are still available. Ditto the Pro 8T.

Curtis

The Model 2 with the RAM disk has been spoken for. It's boxed up and awaiting the end of my workday to go to its new owner.

I'll take the other Model 2. Where do I send the money order? And where is the PM button on this forum?

To be fair, you are about 3 weeks past the original posting.

And PM is found by clicking a user name, it brings up a menu.

> To be fair

It is *not fair*! :sad3: But yes, I know I was a little late. I always am for Bondwell 2's.

Does anyone else have one?

> And PM is found by clicking a user name, it brings up a menu.

Thanks.

Back