• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM 5162 Still wanted

JDT

Veteran Member
I figure its been a while since I put this out there...

Lonely geek seeks company of busty IBM 5162 for hour and hours of computing joy... or something like that.

If you've got one to spare/sell/donate I would be happy to buy it, pay shipping etc.. I promise I'll give it a good home...

Last edited:
I've been watching that one too... was going to throw a bid on there last minute, debating how high I'm prepared to go for a machine I've wanted for so long.

apparently I just didn't want it as much as someone else... I was close though...

STILL LOOKING! =)

For reference sake (eventually that eBay auction page will be gone) the winning bid was US $242.50.

I have abt 8000 square feet of old computer stuff. Please send email with want list and reasonable price expectations. The old 5162 you mention, I had at least a dosen of them, will check this weekend to see what is still there. We have plenty of 30 and 72 pin SIMMs; even a IBM 386 desktop still new in the box! Still have MCA floppies and systems, Apple II, Commodore, LOTS of AC adapters for the Commodores, etc.

PM sent, don't keep me in suspense! hahahaha seriously, thanks for taking the time to look.

So am I - they're rare as snow in Hell, rarely even showing up on eBay, and never for a reasonable price. Good luck..

On the bright side, I did acquire a 5160 and 5170 since last posting about looking for a 5162. :D

If I get a 5150 and 5162 and a PCjr my "silver IBM logo" collection will be complete afaik.

I posted with some interest in the 5150, but this post is for a specific rare model, the 5162 - an XT 286 - the 5150 is quite a bit more common (even though it's older and more historic).

So am I, though not as actively as you seem to be at this point (no money or space ATM).

I've seen a few go through on eBay lately, so be sure to keep tabs on that.

The IBM 5150, 5160, and 5161 all have the same cover but with different IBM badges and different names on them. Physically it can be replaced, but value-wise not without the right badge (don't take one from a 5161 if you happen to come across one - the 5161 is rare as well).

Its not mearly about what badge is on the unit, I actually WANT the unit, to have and to hold till death do us part... ;)

Still looking!

Back