• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Need Power Supply for IBM PC300GL 6282-73U

irishmike

Experienced Member
Greetings:

I had no idea these would be THIS HARD to find! I bought an IBM PC300GL Pentium I model 6282-73U which has an Aztec AT (not ATX) power supply in it. It is slightly smaller than other AT power supplies of which I have 2 lying around from a 486 and one from an AT tower. I can, of course, use either of those to power the computer, but they will DEFINITELY not fit the case.

The story was that I bought a second IBM and it came without memory, hard drive, or anything else. Powered it up and it was fine (naturally it beeped at me since it has no RAM in it). I took it to a place that had the old PC66 RAM and they plugged it in and blew both their monitor and my PS somehow!

I have been checking eBay and like NO ONE is selling any AT and they claim to have the right part number for my machine, but it turns out that every one of those power supplies is ATX and so not the right one! If you have the right IBM original power supply for one of these machines, I'd like to here from you!!!

Also needed for this machine is some of the black IBM screws that hold like the floppy/hard drive carrier and of course I am looking for 4 pcs of 64MB RAM PC66, and 2 floppy drives, IBM ALPS faceless, 1.44MB.

BTW: These are for my project DOS and BBS machines, so I am not looking to invest a mint! Please PM me and advise on price if you have some of this gear.

@vintageComputerman: The only difference between my units and the one in the picture appears to be that both mine have the power switch right next to the CD-ROM unit. Otherwise, yes that is what they look like.

@vintageComputerman: The only difference between my units and the one in the picture appears to be that both mine have the power switch right next to the CD-ROM unit. Otherwise, yes that is what they look like.
Careful; I've got a few of these and they all look very similar but are all different in some way; the 6275 beside me has the ATX connector. I might have a 6282 somewhere in case VC's aren't the right model.

@mikeS: It most definitely is a model 6282.
Of course; I just wanted to point out that although VC's look similar they may well be completely different inside. There are dozens of different models in the 300GL & PL series, both those odd-looking desktops and also mini-towers.

OK, I brought home 4 different power supplies for that model. Which one exactly is it you need? I was scrapping two different IBM's at the time and got a few mixed into the pile. I have pictures.

I suppose I should have posted that I found one. Bought one from eBay when I finally found the exact model/part number and spelled Astec correctly :) I have found one for the machine though, thanks for all who PM'd me and etc.

Back