• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Computer as barbecue !

GADFRAN

Experienced Member
Hi !

Picture attached - what model comuter was it ???

Frank

P.S.

If this works, I will do another post to tell others how to post attachements - to
me it was not obvious.

Sorry for any inconvenience to more experienced members.

Attachments

• BBQCOMPUTEROLD10182010AROTATE.jpg
    BBQCOMPUTEROLD10182010AROTATE.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 2
What I found to add an attachment - please correct if any errors or a better way -

1] Must post a "new" thread - not just "reply" to a thread - attachment option is available for only "new" thread, not "reply"
2] Select access files
3] Select basic upload
4] Select Browse - to find what file you want to attach - in this case a jpeg photo
5] Select it
6] Select upload
7] Scroll down in the "new" thread window and will see "attachments" and under that "manage attachments"
and it is there
8] Add your text to the "new" thread window, review it before posting and then post it.

Maybe we should have on this site a section for "newbies" and those who are experienced on the site but
have not used certain functions - some brief directions on certain functions to assist them in better
using this site.

Hope this helps some in a similar situation like I was.

Frank

To me it looks like a standard PC AT compatible minitower? I'm not sure about the spacing on the side of the expansion slots, but I would not be surprised if it came from a regular 486 or early Pentium system.

Well I don't know what you've done, but when I mouse over the image it disappears. Anyway, I suggest hosting images elsewhere because people have to log in to see the attachments here. I use photobucket, but there are many other free places.

To me it looks like a standard PC AT compatible minitower? I'm not sure about the spacing on the side of the expansion slots, but I would not be surprised if it came from a regular 486 or early Pentium system.

Yes, that would be my feeling too. A tower laid on its side.

Tez

What I found to add an attachment - please correct if any errors or a better way -

1] Must post a "new" thread - not just "reply" to a thread - attachment option is available for only "new" thread, not "reply"
2] Select access files
3] Select basic upload
4] Select Browse - to find what file you want to attach - in this case a jpeg photo
5] Select it
6] Select upload
7] Scroll down in the "new" thread window and will see "attachments" and under that "manage attachments"
and it is there
8] Add your text to the "new" thread window, review it before posting and then post it.

Frank

1) Wrong. See, I just replied and made an attachment:

Replacement battery.JPG

I clicked on the paperclip that indicates attachments.
Clicked on Add Files, then on Select Files, found the file and clicked Upload Files, and then Insert Inline.

Takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get it, it's a piece of cake.

Thanks !

But where is "paperclip" ? It is not on " my " tool bar when I click on "quick reply" - only insert link, image, video, usual, etc.

Don't like to waste time with things that do not work - life is too short.

Frank

Thanks !

But where is "paperclip" ? It is not on " my " tool bar when I click on "quick reply" - only insert link, image, video, usual, etc.

Don't like to waste time with things that do not work - life is too short.

I agree, that life is too short. That is why I suggested hosting elsewhere, it's both easy and saves a lot of time for the people viewing the post. You'll notice that most others here do it that way - that's why you can see their images without having to log in and root around hoping to find what you're looking for.

To post an image I click the little icon that says "Insert Image" (when you mouseover it) and paste in the url from Photobucket to get this:
vcf-1.png
It doesn't get any easier - and saves the viewers a lot of time too. :)

Thanks !

Frank

I get the paper clip when I click on Go Advanced instead of Quick Reply.
I agree that life is too short, but a click on advanced instead of quick, doesn't use up much time :)

Back