• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

vic 20 r.f.modulator

viktor20

hi.can anybody out there please help,i have a vic 20 r.f. modulator model number.100102708.the wire's have been pulled out from the male 5 pin din connector.i need to know what colour wire correspond's to each numbered pin. so i can solder them back in place.i have red,black,yellow and a double clear in the form of a co ax type wire,i guess this is the 6v and the ground wire..your input will be greatly appreciated..many many thank's

What part of the world are you in? I have a North American version, model 251155-01, and the wires are not the same at all (Red, white, yellow & shield).

If you carefully open up the RF modulator, on the circuit board it is printed which wire goes where. In that way you should be able to trace them in the other end of the cable: VIDEO, AUDIO, GND, VCC.

If you don't care about the modulator itself but only want a picture from your VIC-20, I would suggest you build a composite video cable directly from the DIN. You can find pinouts on the Internet. The connector has Video Low (4) and Video High (5). You should use pin 4, which also makes your cable more cross-compatible with other computers.

HI Anders,thank you for your solution,unfortunately,when i did open modulator,i found no info. just a copyright logo with the date (1981) and (astec) printed below it..

Ok. I have a modulator where inputs are marked, but it is fitted with an after-market cable and will be of no use to you. I can take a picture of its insides, but I'm afraid it will look different than yours. Actually I may have a few more modulators but not sure where. I do know I have an NTSC modulator somewhere.

Back