• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

REQ: PXUpdate.exe Plextor Firmware DOS Update Utiltiy

Shadow Lord

Veteran Member
Hello,

Does anyone have the latest Plextor DOS FW Update (or any version for that matter). I am trying to upgrade the FW on my drives on a DOS machine and I only have access to the Windows updater! In fact if anyone knows where I can get the last version of Plex Tools for DOS I'd appreciate it!

I found this but I don't know if it's the latest version: ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/firmware/plextor/pxupdate-1.36-i386-pc-msdosdjgpp
It needs DPMI and a 386 (obviously). Hope this helps!

/Krille

Thanks for the link. I had found that site as well. It seems to be unofficial UNIX ports of the utility. I tried to dl the one you linked to and I could not open it. Either as an executable or as an archive. I am hoping someone has their original disk/CD from when they bought one of these or they dled the utilities directly off of plextor's site.

Checked my pile of discs. I had one from a Plextor drive a few years back but it only had Windows 98 and ASPI drivers on it.

Thanks for checking. What drive was it for? I have a PX-W4012TS. I know for a while Plextor had their own additional driver to the aspicd.sys driver. But I am not sure if they stopped doing that by the time the 4012 rolled off the line!

Thanks for the link. I had found that site as well. It seems to be unofficial UNIX ports of the utility. I tried to dl the one you linked to and I could not open it. Either as an executable or as an archive. I am hoping someone has their original disk/CD from when they bought one of these or they dled the utilities directly off of plextor's site.

It worked fine when I tried it in a VM running DR-DOS 7.03 (after renaming it to pxupdate.exe of course). Also, it's linked to from the old official Plextor website (which I didn't find before) so I guess that makes it somewhat official. ;)

In any case, the old official site is here: http://old.plextor.be/technicalservices/downloads/firmw_prog.asp?choice=Upgrade programs

/Krille

deadcrickets,

Do you mind posting it anyhow? TIA!

DVD readme says PX-708A. So the drive is a little newer than I thought it was. Still long dead and gone though. I remember it mostly because it would often suddenly stop responding under Windows and then I couldn't even get the button to eject it. I'd literally have to shutdown the system completely to get it back.

Back