• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Amiga 3000

commodorejohn

Veteran Member
As the title says: I'm thinking of trading in my Amiga 2000 for a 3000 (save some space, move to a fully 32-bit system, yay.) I'm not really looking for a huge power-user setup:
  • I do want a few MB of fast RAM - doesn't matter too much whether it's on a card or on the motherboard (is one significantly faster?)
  • No hard drive needed, as I'm planning to just drop my existing one right in. It'd be nice if it had two floppies installed.
  • I do want it to be the 25MHz model instead of the 16MHz model, and have a Kickstart 3.1 ROM. Also, NTSC.
  • Will my 2000 keyboard work with a 3000? If not, I'll definitely need a 3000 keyboard.
  • I'm not looking for a monitor - I have a VGA display I can use and I don't want to pay for shipping on a monitor.
Being as I'm looking to replace one with the other, I'm open to trading for part or all of my 2000 setup, comprised of the following:
  • 2500-badged Amiga 2000 (I think it's a Rev. 6 board,) one floppy drive.
  • Commodore 1084S RGB/composite monitor with stereo sound.
  • Commodore A2630 accelerator (68030 @ 25MHz,) with 2MB of 32-bit fast RAM.
  • Intact but non-functional DKB 2632 add-on for the accelerator - I think I may have static-shocked it. If you can get it functional, it's loaded with 96MB of 32-bit RAM and can take another 16MB.
  • GVP Impact A2000-HC+8 Series II SCSI controller + RAM expansion. Currently loaded with 6MB of RAM; I think I have spare SIMMs to get it up to 8MB.
  • ASDG Lan Rover Ethernet card. I think I might like to keep this one, but I'm not averse to parting with it, either.
  • Commodore A2088XT PC bridgeboard. Kind of a novelty item, but if you've ever desperately desired to have a PC-XT in your Amiga, there you go.
If none of that piques your interest, I'm also willing to pay cash and sell off the 2000 separately (and if you're just interested in the 2000 stuff and don't have a 3000, drop me a line and I'll get back to you when I'm ready to do the selling.) I'd be willing to pay around $100-150 US + S/H for the kind of basic 3000 setup I'm looking for. Anybody have one to spare?

The A3000 is a great machine. I had one a couple of years back (A3000UX) and far preferred to the A2000. The built-in flickerfixer was the real killer feature for me.

The A2000 keyboard will work fine with the 3000. From memory, I also recall that it was worth adding fast RAM to the motherboard as it provided full 32bit access but I could be wrong on this, its been a while :)

Yeah, according to someone on AmiBay motherboard fast RAM is actually faster than Zorro RAM, so yay for that (and also, you can add quite a bit more of it.) Apparently accelerator-based RAM is faster still, but I won't be looking for an accelerator for this quite yet - I understand they can cost a pretty penny :/

Yup, Amiga accelerators seem to go for silly money. I had an A3640 board in mine (25Mhz 040). These can be found from time to time quite cheaply as A4000 owners pull them when upgrading. No onboard RAM though :(

If you're truly interested, I have an A3000 that is surplus to my collection. It has 8mb fast and 2 floppies: an unreliable 1.6mb, and a reliable 880k. However, I am located in Maryland, so shipping may be somewhat expensive.

I was planning to take it to a Hamfest, this weekend, to offload it.
- Alex

Back