• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Sound Blaster 16 ISA - CT1740 with v405 chip

SiliconClassics

Experienced Member
I'd like a CT1740 SB16 to pair with a Roland Sound Canvas daughterboard, and the v4.05 chip is important for this. Will pay cost + shipping to Flushing, NY 11355. Have Paypal. Please contact me via PM - Thanks!

I checked the two that I have here. One is a 2230, the other is a CT1750. I'm not sure how to figure out which chip should be 4.05, but the only chip that has a version on it is a CT1741 that's 4.12, so it looks like I don't have what you're looking for.

For the edification of those of us who are not in the Soundblaster-know, what is the advantage of the v4.05 chip that you're specifically looking for?

I presume Vibra16-based SB16 cards won't fit the bill? If they could, I'd be willing to part with one of mine if it met your specifications. As the above guy said, it'd be helpful if you told us how to check for this requirement.

For the edification of those of us who are not in the Soundblaster-know, what is the advantage of the v4.05 chip that you're specifically looking for?

Most, if not all, DSP versions from v4.06 and up to v4.12 has the infamous "hanging note" MIDI bug. The v4.05 don't have it, and some of the v4.13's don't have it either. Which of the V4.13's don't have it is quite unpredictable unless the seller is able to properly test the card in question with a MIDI daugthercard before the sale.

Nice to know - thanks, Per.

Anyone know of any issues with using a daughter card with the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz PCI? - I've got an ISA SB-16 w/ roland SCB-55 purchased from PeterNY that I'm assuming doesn't have any issues (will now be checking chip versions and whatnot, out of curiosity!). I've also the Turtle Beach PCI I purchased for the Waveboard header to pair with another Roland daughter card I have (I wanted the option to be able to have the Roland Synth in a modern machine)

Thx Abbub. I've already got a SB16 CT2290 card with a v4.13 that might work, but it's quasi plug-and-play and I would prefer an old(er)-school non-PNP card like the 1740.

Back