• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

S-100 Serial IO PCBs are here!

NobodyIsHere

Veteran Member
Hi! The S-100 Serial IO PCBs have arrived! These are updated respins of the S-100 Serial IO board from last summer with minor corrections and improvements.

The S-100 Serial IO board is a dual serial board (Z85C30 UART) and includes provisions for the V-Stamp Voice Synthesizer, a DLR USB245R USB adapter, and parallel port.

http://s100computers.com/My System Pages/Serial IO Board/Serial IO Board.htm

The board is $20 plus $3 shipping in the US and $6 elsewhere. Please send a PayPal to LYNCHAJ@YAHOO.COM and I will send your boards right away!

There are plenty of PCBs so even if you weren’t on the waiting list there should be plenty to go around. Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

It should also be noted that this board includes an 8255, and most of its lines are unused so they're brought out to the top of the board on a header. That makes it convenient as a parallel board as well as a serial board!

I'm going to pick one of these up rather than cobble together an 8530 SCC board, so that I may develop a monitor for my 8085 SBC/bus machine while already having a working monitor! (Andrew, you should have a PayPal payment shortly).

Thanks Glitch! That's great! The S-100 Serial IO board is really useful for building your own homebrew S-100 system, restoring a vintage machine, or for general purpose dual serial IO, voice, USB, and the parallel IO. There is a lot you can do with it! Even fully working systems will appreciate the USB since it allows easy and fast file transfer to modern PCs without all the intermediate steps.

Last fall these boards ran out quickly and since this is such a useful general purpose board I have many extra of these boards. I do not think this batch will run out any time soon so if anyone would like some please contact me.

Check out John's page on S100computers.com and you can see the board in action including the voice synthesizer and the USB. It is really neat!

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Hi All! I have a whole bunch of these S-100 Serial IO boards left. They are quite popular and useful boards and last fall we went through the stack really quickly. I got a double batch of them so even if you weren't on the waiting list there are plenty for anyone who wants one or more. John has built his S-100 Serial IO and they are 100% with no known issues.

The dual serial ports work great for a console on a home brew system, restoring/repairing a legacy computer, or just adding IO to an existing working system. How often are you going to be able to add USB or a voice synthesizer to your S-100 system? :)

BTW, USB to PC connection really speeds up and simplifies the S-100 to PC transfer of files. Check out John's page at S100computers.com for more information.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Back