• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

ET-100 judging interest in it

Chromedome45

Veteran Member
Hi all, I have a complete Heathkit ET-100 microprocessor trainer I am thinking of selling. This was there 8088 based trainer and includes the keyboard. Also has a large breadboarding area kinda like the ET-3400 on steroids. It also has the EA-100 upgrade which gives CGA color and a floppy drive interface. This unit is also software compatible with the H/Z-100 PC's. RAM is maxed at 192K user memory and 128K Video memory. Was looking to get at least $250.00 for it due to it's rarity. If anyone has any interest in this ley me know. I have the original box and a bunch of manuals on CD and software courtesy of Chuckster_in_JAX. (many thanks to him!)

lol, guess that was my first view also. "Neat! Don't have the money but wonder what he's looking for." I have no idea what the value is/should be (I guess you could always try the VCGM) but being in the original box and having the software to run it is absolutely a perk and I would think it's a nice system, just shouldn't swing it this month. Plus I'm lacking a Z-100 still :-( though it's on my list.

It's all good guys. I was just wondering what was holding back any potential buyers. I guess it's the price. I might be lowering it so stay tuned. Every now and then you will see one on EPay. But without the keyboard there basically useless. Unless you just want a breadboarding area with a power supply.

It's all good guys. I was just wondering what was holding back any potential buyers. I guess it's the price.

There's no rule that says you can't list it in the VCF Marketplace for $250 a couple of times before you lower the price. My estimation of market conditions on ebay is that sellers are bringing out a lot of really good stuff they didn't want to sell but have to. But I think it's happening so much that prices are low even on these choice items. I think it's a buyer's market right now.

Hmmm, O.K., I've said things in your favor, now I'll balance it out. I'll bet it would be easy for someone to make a similar item to the IBM prototype board which would allow people who wanted to build newfangled gadgets for the PC. A USB drive adaptor would be neat, although you'd have to write the driver.

I saw a webpage belonging to a guy who connected a USB drive to his ET-3400 :)

Sean

I'm interested. I see one just went for $189.50 + shipping on eBay. Will you consider negotiating price? Thanks. Gary

Back