• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Apple IIc w/ orginal box price value?

twolazy

Veteran Member
Just curious if the box to my apple IIc is worth anything, and if so ballpark figure. Sadly I lost everything inside, except the Styrofoam and pink bag LOL. I do have the unit tho, its an original rom 255. If its worth enough, maybe I can upgrade to a IIgs Woz! Woo! :cool:

Guess what I have is the following

Kinda well used IIc, original rom, with box, styro and pink bag (few chips and yellowing so I say a 6 outta 10)
Joystick w/ a very very sad box ( joystick itself is 8 outta 10 because of yellowing )
Printer w/ box ( 9 outta 10 , still very white! All cables but no manuals sadly )

Box of 10 DD 3m floppies, with games and adtpro.

Other question is should I retrobrite this unit? If its worth enough, I would like to sell it and get a beater IIc and a GS if possible...

Last edited:
I can't quite recall where you're located but maybe GS systems inflated a bit recently but they aren't worth that much here in the states. To me most IIgs don't have a value much more than $50 although I could see ebay hype putting them higher. On the bright side it takes standard mac adb keyboard/mouse so that's easy to find if you find just the system itself.

IIc prices vary, even in the original box you may get $60 for it but yeah the yellowing may turn off some folks. Even then the end price probably isn't worth the trouble unless you just want to practice your retrobrite-fu.

IIc prices vary, even in the original box you may get $60 for it but yeah the yellowing may turn off some folks. Even then the end price probably isn't worth the trouble unless you just want to practice your retrobrite-fu.

I agree on the yellowing... IIc's, in particular, have a very noticeable price curve that is almost directly proportionate to the condition/coloration of the case.

IIc Plus' are a "little" bit more immune to this, but still fetch much more when the case is near its original color.

Thanks for the advice so far, guess I will give it a decent retrobrite application. Its pretty yellowed, hate to get alot less due to just yellowing. So retrobrite it is! It did do wonders on my old dells... :D

Really hoping the original boxes are my saving ace come ebay time. I'd really love a woz gs!

BTW, I live in Chicago. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back