• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

[WANTED] Macintosh II Original ROMs (with 97851DB6 checksum)

Banned
Sorry for requesting them, but I know they're really rare.
I'm just trying to help the MESS team.

Regards,
Javier Donoso.

I'm glad you're trying to help the MESS, but PLEASE be patient!!! Nagging won't get you free help from the knowledgeable people on this forum.

Last edited:
If he cared HE would hunt down the hardware and dump the ROMS himself, I am getting tired of these daily posts asking for the same thing over and over.

If he cared HE would hunt down the hardware and dump the ROMS himself, I am getting tired of these daily posts asking for the same thing over and over.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

@linuxlove
I'm still waiting, and I contributed something here.

You do realize that none of us would actually have use for that ROM image, right? If we have the hardware that would use it, than we'd also have the associated ROM. It's not like they go bad frequently or anything.

I'm all for preserving the ROM data from these things. Not only does it open up possibilities for emulation, but it does provide a fallback in the unlikely event that one actually fails and needs to be replaced. But constantly nagging (and yes, posting every day or two with "I'm still waiting" is most definitely nagging) doesn't do you or the cause any good.

If you want our help, then you have to be patient. While most of us are willing to go out of our way to help a fellow enthusiast, nobody likes to be pestered every day for help that we're under no obligation to give.

If you have a list of ROMs that you need, post them, or post a link to them - and if we find them, we'll let you know. But don't keep posting the same thing over and over. It's getting really old.

-Ian

Mac II ROM

Mac II ROM

Who on the MESS team are you talking to?

I would check with R. Belmont first if a ROM set is missing

Sorry for bumping, but the original Macintosh II ROMs have these part numbers: 341-0105-A, 341-0106-A, 341-0107-A and 341-0108-A.

The Macintosh II original ROMs are in RetroROMs.net.
Sorry if I didn't attach them here, but they are too large.

They're there because I finally added them. We've had the ROMs since last October, I simply chose not to support them because they are not in any way useful for the current emulation. They are (as advertised) incompatible with the RasterOps ColorBoard 264 I emulate as part of the Mac II/IIx/IIcx systems and therefore will generate only a black screen and the death chimes.

Here's a free clue: if a ROM set has an MD5 sum listed on the MESS wiki, the MESS team has it.

They're there because I finally added them. We've had the ROMs since last October, I simply chose not to support them because they are not in any way useful for the current emulation. They are (as advertised) incompatible with the RasterOps ColorBoard 264 I emulate as part of the Mac II/IIx/IIcx systems and therefore will generate only a black screen and the death chimes.

Here's a free clue: if a ROM set has an MD5 sum listed on the MESS wiki, the MESS team has it.

Therefore, the Macintosh II Video Card ROMs should be dumped to solve the problem.

They are dumped. I will not add them until I am presented with proof that you no longer have an Internet connection however.

I still didn't find the 820-0198 Apple Macintosh II Video Card ROM...
Well you appear to still have access to the internet, and Arbee said before he wont upload them until there's proof you no longer have internet access, so we seem to be at an impasse here.

Back