• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Compaq P1 All-in-One w/ CRT?

Raven

Veteran Member
I've been hunting down all-in-one Compaq desktops for some time, and the Presario 500 series so far has been my target for quite a while, eluding me.. Anyway, I'm unfamiliar with most machines beyond that point in time, save the 3020, which I own. That machine is brilliant, but having an LCD without scaling rather sucks for DOS games, and I was wondering if anybody is aware of a Pentium-powered Compaq All-in-One that has a CRT..? (other All-in-One brands are welcome, but I'm a huge fan of Compaq, lol)

I want to say Gateway had something in an all-in-one CRT in the Pentium era too, but I believe it was later end of Pentium era, like MMX or even early Pentium II, just going by memory, I remember selling a few used back in my days working at the local Computer Renaissance (pre y2k). I could be wrong, but most of what we had used back then was Pentium or Pentium II, our BEST new machines were either Athlon or Pentium III like 500mhz tops, so a used P1 or P2 were still viable machines (and most of our business) back then.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, I have a Presario CDTV 520, but its only 486 class machine, I don't know if they ever upgraded that form factor to Pentium officially (mine has a 5x86 133 in it, but I still wouldn't call it a Pentium class, bus is still 486).

Back