• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For Sale: Collection

Of course Pete! Just as I was thinking of thinning my collection out you post this. Arrgghh oh well. Good luck buddy.

thank-you.jpg

are they 8 bit sound blasters
The CT1320 and CT1350 are 100% 8 BIT. The CT1740 and CT2230 run on 8 BIT when you do not use the high DMA. Those are all jumper configurable, without the need to load Creative DOS drivers.

Update. Some items sold. Just some statistics through today.

Sold through eBay: 3
Sold through VCM: 1
Sold through VCF: 0

Last edited:
Update. Some items sold. Just some statistics through today.

Sold through eBay: 3
Sold through VCM: 1
Sold through VCF: 2

Those are pretty interesting statistics on the sales. I wouldn't have expected them to be so close in sales (pretty much 3 and 3). Did you sell some more stuff on either since that last post? It's a niche market so I can understand the time it's taking for some of the items (you have to find someone with money and the desire to collect audio hardware). While there are certainly a large share of folks who collect it, no telling what their economy is doing locally.

Some jesting here but doesn't it always seem like a bad time to sell lately? Seems like a slump that's been hard to get out of.

Those are pretty interesting statistics on the sales. I wouldn't have expected them to be so close in sales (pretty much 3 and 3).
Indeed: very interesting.

Did you sell some more stuff on either since that last post? It's a niche market so I can understand the time it's taking for some of the items (you have to find someone with money and the desire to collect audio hardware). While there are certainly a large share of folks who collect it, no telling what their economy is doing locally.
In July sales were strong but since I was unable to ship I had to get back to people in August. All of a sudden some folks are no longer interested since they did not respond. In August sales have been very slow otherwise. Normally vintage Roland sells fast. But this month is the exception: perhaps summer vacations. :D Vintage IBM always seems hard to sell for whatever reason.

Some jesting here but doesn't it always seem like a bad time to sell lately? Seems like a slump that's been hard to get out of.
True. I guess the summer and the economy are hurting. The market is also flooded it seems: many people are trying to offload entire collections (including myself).

Since I am running short on space in my basement I am selling systems cheap.

(UPS Ground only), packaging: Staples (systems) or UPS (I do not have stuff to box a CRT)
IBM PS/2 Model 55, restored (e.g. FDD, HDD work, new battery, boots to DOS) + IBM PS/2 Model 55, parts (no FDD, HDD): $ 15 + shipping + packaging, free extra batteries
IBM PS/2 Model 77: restored (e.g. FDD, HDD work, new battery, boots to DOS): $ 10 plus shipping + packaging
IBM 8518 CRT monitor: works fine: $ 5 plus shipping + packaging
IBM PS/ValuePoint 425SX/Si, restored (e.g. FDD, HDD work, new battery, boots to DOS): $ 20 plus shipping + packaging
IBM PS/ValuePoint 433DX/Si, restored (e.g. FDD, HDD work, new battery, boots to DOS): $ 20 plus shipping + packaging
IBM PS/ValuePoint 433DX/D, restored (e.g. FDD, HDD work, new battery, boots to DOS): $ 20 plus shipping + packaging

I would really hate to have to drop this stuff of for recycling.

Last edited:
Back