• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New Facebook Connect Thing.

I see a lot of twitter requests in my privoxy proxy log file. I don't access twitter. I suspect it must be the chromium browser (a variant of chrome) which does it automatically. Time to add twitter.com to the 127.0.0.1 alias, as per Chuck(G)'s setup (I think the first thing that went in there was doubleclick.net, many years ago, before junkbuster and privoxy showed up). Actually I use 127.0.0.2 now, works even better - rejected right away. 127.0.0.1 is used by my own web server now.

I noticed today that when I (as I usually do) opened up all new threads in their own tab, they didn't seem to finish loading.. even though all the posts were there. Then I saw 'Waiting for www.facebook.com' at the bottom status bar for all of them.
So it seems there's a connection problem to facebook today, and it slows down my forum actions. www.facebook.com went into my /etc/hosts file as 127.0.0.2, so that's sorted out. Then the open windows started to wait on connect.facebook.net, that one too went into /etc/hosts.

All taken care of, browsing the forum is snappy again! :D

-Tor

Back