• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Color Classic

AppleIIfan

Banned
After years of searching I found a Color Classic, It works perfect. I haven't done much with it but so far its going to have some neat upgrades

Ill be adding an 040 upgrade, AppleDesign Powered Speakers and an External CD-ROM drive, The 040 upgrade will take my PDS Slot so it'll only be connected via LocalTalk. Should be a nice set up.. 040 power in a small quiet package

You must live out in the middle of nowhere if you had trouble getting a Color Classic.

In the last two years, I've given away about a dozen including one that was still factory sealed.

You must live out in the middle of nowhere if you had trouble getting a Color Classic.

In the last two years, I've given away about a dozen including one that was still factory sealed.

Lets just say Michigan doesn't have alot of them :p, I live near a major city too

Well I got the rest of my goodies for mine today.. My Apple CD600E and AppleDesign Powered Speakers for it. Should be a nice looking set up when its done

And heres my CC setup

Specs are as follows
8MB RAM/80MB Hard Drive
Sonnet Presto 040 Upgrade
AppleDesign Powered Speakers II
Apple External CD600E

Can you imagine what this would have cost new

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nope System 7.1.1 Pro.. OS 8 in 8MB RAM would be painful. OS 8.5 began the transition to PPC Only OS

Nope System 7.1.1 Pro.. OS 8 in 8MB RAM would be painful. OS 8.5 began the transition to PPC Only OS
Since you plan on filling the PDS slot with CPU upgrade, you could always go with an "Asante EN/SC" SCSI-Ethernet adapter if you wanted Ethernet, unless you plan on upgrading ram and upgrading to OS8, I am pretty sure support for the EN/SC ended with about OS7.5.

Yeah, Ive been thinking that.. Might as well complete the set.. I need to give the CC a dip, but Honestly the slight yellow gives it patina. I think ill load it up with a few basic apps.. If it comes to where I need internet connectivity Ill just go ahead and pop the 040 upgrade out and put in the LC ethernet card.

You could always go with a Performa 575 motherboard upgrade too, 040 plus PDS and COMM slots both, Mac addicts have used the 575 board in CCs for 040 upgrades for a long time. Some have gone as far as G3's in CCs but that requires LOTS of modifications to the CC, the 575 upgrade is pretty much plug and play.

Ah, I plan to leave it pretty much stock.. All my compacts are pretty much stock.. I have spares to dink with and upgrade and such.

http://olepigeon.trolans.net/ccb

My upgraded Color Classic. I made a custom rear panel so it'd fit the new motherboard. I also did the hires 640x480 hack. Now my Color Classic has a 33 MHz 68040, COMM slot ethernet card, and 136 MBs of RAM. :)

I just found a 10" color CRT that's capable of 800x600. At some point if I drum up the courage, I may attempt a transplant for a full 800x600 Color Classic.

Yeah, I know, I need to Retr0bright it. I'll get there. I have a bunch of parts I need to clean up.

Yeah, I suppose I can see how some people would enjoy ruining a perfectly good working Vintage computer.
Maybe not original, but the Mystic upgrade is itself still vintage, and not really that much newer than a CC itself, but I do get keeping it original.

Back