• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Vintage Commodore monitor cables, NOS

peedenmark7

Experienced Member
Vintage Commodore monitor cables in bulk packaging. Unsure as to which models they would be used on. Red/White/Yellow Rca's to an 8 pin connector . $5 each plus shipping/PP.

Large box they came in is marked Commodore c-64 7 pin to NTSC composite, but I can not verify that and as such are sold as is.

Attachments

• MVC-038S.JPG
    MVC-038S.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 1
  • MVC-039S.JPG
    MVC-039S.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
The C64 has either a 5 pin or 8 pin connector for video out (8 pin would support seperate Chroma and Luma for S-video). Are you sure those are 7 pin?
The 5 pin variety might work with the Atari 8 bit systems (but the color coding on the RCA end would be different).

I think the connector is eight pin, but since only six of those are used for S-Video, it might make sense to call it a seven pin cable as that is the average between 6 and 8. ;-)

This type of cable won't work or even fit physically with VIC-20, very early C64, Atari 8-bit, TI-99/4A (NTSC, I think), Spectravideo or any other machine that only outputs composite video on a 5 pin DIN.

If they work with a C64, however... they'll also work with the Sega Genesis Model 1's RGB output quite nicely.

In case someone was interested to know :)

They are 8 pin.

A little better than half of them are gone. I do also have a few loose ones, clearly new/unused, but the bulk packaging is gone. $4 each on those.

Back