• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sun SparcStation 10+ & 386i

IMSL

Hi All,

I hope none of you mind but I was not sure where else to try. I have a SparcStation 10+ (with upgraded processor and co-processor), external tape, CD drive and speaker unit, 2 x 21" monitors, keyboards, optical mice and pads, OS, full documentation (user and dev.) plus a 386i (for spares only but it has a full documentation set). It has been sitting around unused for the last 10 years and it needs to go. I don't want anything for any of it but would be delighted if someone has a use for it. It is located near Fleet in Hampshire, UK and is there for anyone who would be interested to collect. It seems a shame to send it for scrap as we've just done with a load of dead PC's.

As I say, sorry for posting what will essentially be a one-off thread but hopefully this will be of use to someone here.

Kind Regards,

Pete

Hi Ian,

A lot I would guess as it is fairly heavy and bulky (probably > $200) even without the monitors. I would prefer someone to collect if possible as it would be quite difficult to pack.

Pete

Hello,
I will take care of the 386i if you would send it to Spain.
Regards

Hi All,

I hope none of you mind but I was not sure where else to try. I have a SparcStation 10+ (with upgraded processor and co-processor), external tape, CD drive and speaker unit, 2 x 21" monitors, keyboards, optical mice and pads, OS, full documentation (user and dev.) plus a 386i (for spares only but it has a full documentation set). It has been sitting around unused for the last 10 years and it needs to go. I don't want anything for any of it but would be delighted if someone has a use for it. It is located near Fleet in Hampshire, UK and is there for anyone who would be interested to collect. It seems a shame to send it for scrap as we've just done with a load of dead PC's.

As I say, sorry for posting what will essentially be a one-off thread but hopefully this will be of use to someone here.

Kind Regards,

Pete

Hi All,

Kind Regards,

Pete

Well if you want rid I would have posed in wanted/for sale. If you have access to Google Groups try post in one of the comp.sys.sun newsgroups.. Sadly I think SS10s aren't yet old enough to be collectable but the 386i might raise some interest. There is also a UK retro group here:-

http://www.retrocomputermuseum.co.uk/

Dave

Back