• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

16-bit Microchannel Sound Card

glitch

Veteran Member
Looks like one of my recent lot-o-scrap-boards purchases has a Microchannel sound card in it! Not sure what model it is yet (the lot hasn't arrived), but it's based on a Crystal chipset. The card looks to be in good condition. If anyone is interested in it, I'd rather sell it here than list it on eBay.

You know the routine, get the model number and people will start lining up. Would be a good idea to test it if you have a MCA machine.

I'll have to see if I still do...I /think/ the only MCA machine I have left is back in West Virginia. I'm sure that would change the value considerably.

There are people on this forum begging for such a card if it is indeed for MCA, showing that it works (since you say you got it in a scrap lot and not from a collector) will mean a big difference in price.

It's definitely not the SoundBlaster Pro MCA -- I've had one of those in the past. This card is too short, and also contains Crystal chips.

Still quite a cool find. I recently paid $50 for one, and thought I got a deal.

I paid $35 for a boxed/complete Sound Blaster MCA within the last year, but would dearly like to also add the Sound Blaster Pro MCA to the collection! - I know, I can dream, right? :)

Indeed, it appears to be an IBM Ultimedia/Audio Capture Playback Adapter (ACPA). I haven't tested it yet, but I was able to find the ADF and the card appears to be in good/clean condition (there's some surface rust on one of the jacks, and the fork at the bottom of the MCA slot bracket was bent a bit -- straightened it out though).

Back