• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Tseng Diamond Speedstar (ISA) or Diamond Speedstar 24X (ISA)

Is that based on the Tseng ET-4000 chip? I might have one. One of the faster ISA cards made. Also does 8 bit. Now if I can remember where I put it.

Yes, the diamond speedstar has the TSENG ET4000A chipset.

The Diamond Speedstar 24X has the Wester Digital "WD90C31" chipset.

Which one do you have and how much are you asking? Thanks.

Barney

I think I have a Speedstar 24x, if you're looking for both and not just one of the two cards.

*looks*

Not finding that, but I do have a WD90C31 card that is by Western Digital itself. If you are interested in that, PM with an offer.

I do have a single ET4000 card, but it's not Diamond and I'm not parting with it anyway. xD

I think I have a Speedstar 24x, if you're looking for both and not just one of the two cards.

*looks*

Not finding that, but I do have a WD90C31 card that is by Western Digital itself. If you are interested in that, PM with an offer.

I do have a single ET4000 card, but it's not Diamond and I'm not parting with it anyway. xD

I am definitely interrested in the Diamond Speedstar 24X (Western Digital chipset) if you have it. PM me the price.
What model is the other one with the WD90c31 chipset you mentioned, and how much?

Thanks.

Tseng will blow the WD out of the water in far as performance. And it's CGA resgister compatible. Your loss.

I havn't forgotten about you Chromedome45, I'm still interested in your Diamond Speedstar. One thing, does it have 1MB?
Check your PM, I just sent you a price, tell me what you think.

As far as ISA video cards go, what actually makes one faster than the other? There isn't any active acceleration aside for maybe some blit/fill in an OS2/W31 driver. For DOS and DOS games, they are all writing to a raw frame buffer that is getting clocked out to a DAC. Assuming later cards are all 16-bit zero wait ISA access, shouldn't they all run the same speed?

That says 'it was accelerated'. It doesn't elaborate how. It specifically mentions host acceleration; and by that I assume they mean the ISA bus interface. The fastest you can go over 16-bit ISA is to pre-assert the 16 bit selects with the ZWS strobe and not add any peripheral waits - completing the bus cycle in 3 clocks. If all 16-bit ISA cards do that, what else could possible set them apart on speed? Of course memory arbitration and access speed, line cache FIFO presence and size, and some other factors could cause waits. I'm just looking for detail as I have this really crazy project in mind to build an ISA video card w/ up-scaling and HDMI/DVI output.

Maybe it's just my imagination but I definitely see a speed difference between various ISA cards. Another interresting thing i have noticed is that ISA graphic cards give me a crisper picture on my LCD monitor.

The main reason I brought speed was I did a quick test on some ISA VGA cards a while back. I noticed that the Tseng was faster than a Trident, a Cirrus logic and an ATi Mach 8. This was using a program called SST. And it was just checking redraw speed as far as I can tell.

Back