• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for some early PC software

An over looked source is ebay. Search for (5 1/4,5.25,5) +floppy +lot I've hit the motherlod several times. I normally get a box for 10 - 15 dollars that could contain 100's of disks. Yes, many are junk but I have never been disappointed and found many gems and many original media that still works.

Good hunting...

framer

Hmm, it's interesting that you wanted 1-2-3 1.0a, I've got my unopened copy of it on 5 1/4" 1.2 meg floppies here. Kind of afraid to open it...

Hmm, it's interesting that you wanted 1-2-3 1.0a, I've got my unopened copy of it on 5 1/4" 1.2 meg floppies here. Kind of afraid to open it...

Interesting. Wikipedia says "1-2-3 was released on January 26, 1983". I don't know how long they were selling that version, but support for for high-density 1.2MB 5.25-inch floppy drives came with DOS 3.1 which was released August 14, 1984. I do see EMS has a picture of the slip cover for 1.0a and it has a 1984 copyright on it. They've also got both the disk and manual for sale - $175 for the disk, and $99 for the manual.\

Edit: I can't seem to find a good reference to the early versions, but another site lists version 1.0a as April '83.

Last edited:
Back