• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Commodore 65 on eBay

Hm, yeah ended at $20,100 with that 0 feedback buyer. I always wonder how many folks create an account to bid up their gear although I'm not sure how many excuses you can give ebay afterwards to avoid the percentage fees if one was to fake a sale.
I don't even know what the percentage for that sale would have been, but now he is stuck with it, looks like.

If I'm not mistaken, this auction started at $0.01 with no reserve. Given there are collectors with both desire and money, there never really was a risk it would end cheap.

If you look at the bid history, below the final price are the words "reserve met", I wondered if anyone noticed when the "reserve not met" message beneath the bid price vanished.

It might give an insight into what the seller thought it was worth.

@mnbvcxz: I was watching it from about $2.25 up. Reserve was $5k and BIN was $10k (which disappeared once the reserve was met). I figured about $7k myself until that blew by. Then I found via google that a prior one on ebay drew $9,100 so I figured maybe $9.5k. I am still shocked at the $20k figure...

Hm, that is correct. The text "Reserve met" is set in so small lettering that I easily overlooked it. However it explains why bidder b***a raised the bid multiple times in a row between $3550 and $5050 without a competitor.

@mnbvcxz: I was watching it from about $2.25 up. Reserve was $5k and BIN was $10k (which disappeared once the reserve was met). I figured about $7k myself until that blew by. Then I found via google that a prior one on ebay drew $9,100 so I figured maybe $9.5k. I am still shocked at the $20k figure...

Thanks, I too am amazed at the price, he will never see that money again.
It makes sense that it sold to someone with zero feedback, he's been saving his money:D

Anyone want to speculate on a price for a non working one?
Its missing the Bill chip and a bios. Otherwise complete. There is one guy in Italy that wants to buy my victor chip, but he's not offering that much.

Later,
dabone

Back