• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

System 7 MAPPLER RGB Converter for Apple II - good for IIc Plus?

Hello all,

Over on eBay, there's an auction for one System 7 MAPPLER RGB Converter for Apple II.

Here's a link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/14061394425...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3541wt_982

Can anyone tell me if this would work on an Apple IIc Plus? I'd like to attach an old CGA or EGA color monitor, if I can.

Thanks, in advance, for your patience and attention.
smp
I am going to say no. The //c and IIc+ as far as I know do NOT put out RGB on their video port, they put out a digital signal meant for the //c LCD, power, and a COMPOSITE video signal (for the RF modulator apple released). Now I have heard rumors there were video CONVERTERS that could take the LCD digital and Composite signals and make RGB out of it, but I have no idea how that was accomplished because I am not 100% sure of the signals the monitor port has present.

I am going to guess that Mappler converter is a analog/digital RGB converter so you can use a PC style RGB monitor on the Apple II RGB cards. Most PC style RGB monitors were digital (CGA) and I am guessing apple used an analog RGB. Just a guess, maybe someone more familiar with this device could chime in on this.

Last edited:
It looks like it's specifically for use with their own video card that has to be installed in the system. Specifically: That they made a video card that gives an Apple II-series system the same video output as an Apple III - and this adapter converts that into a standard PC-style RGB output.

Back