• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ColorMonitor IIe Service Info?

Soupwizard

Experienced Member
Hi I finally have a color monitor for my IIe - I have a ColorMonitor IIe (A2M2056). I'd like to pop it open and adjust the screen size and centering, but before I do does anyone have the technical service info on how to do screen adjustments?

thanks,
Jeff

Hi I finally have a color monitor for my IIe - I have a ColorMonitor IIe (A2M2056). I'd like to pop it open and adjust the screen size and centering, but before I do does anyone have the technical service info on how to do screen adjustments?

thanks,
Jeff
While I don't have the service manual (hopefully someone else can provide that) I can say from having worked on a lot of CRT monitors in the past that the controls are USUALLY fairly straightforward. HOWEVER I just suggest using a PLASTIC tool to adjust them, some of them use magnetic coils for adjustments and metal tools will make it VERY hard to get the proper adjustments, and the magnetic field can actually heat a metal screw driver red-hot (and melt it!), and not to mention its downright dangerous to work on a CRT with metal tools, there's usually something to the tune of 20-80 THOUSAND volts in there with enough amps to kill you instantly. Many old TV techs will tell you put one hand in your back pocket while working on a CRT, that way you wont be giving it a chance to use your arms (and heart between them) a chance to complete that 80k volt circuit.

Back