• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

emate 300 sync options

kenzakreski

I have a mint emate 300 with the ethernet pcmcia card, and a cd full of Newton utilities. Plus an attic full of vintage macs with all the OS's from 6 to 10.6.

What is the best OS (7.1, 8.0, 8.5, 9.0 or 9.2) to sync the emate, and bring the data into modern computing ie OS X textedit. //

Not wanting to use the serial to usb dongle but vintage equipment, I will have on hand. I entered my CompSci notes onto the emate on Friday and would like to export them to my osx box. I will continue using the emate for taken notes in class until I decide on buying an ipad with ocr and sketching.

Ken

Well, if you actually want to connect directly, you can use one of the utilities mentioned here on Mac OS X. Works great. I used a Newton MP120 as my primary on-site note-taking and receipt-generating device for a few years as recently has 2007. (Had a Portable StyleWriter to print the receipts/invoices with.)

Otherwise, any Mac OS 7.5-9.2 on a serial-equipped Mac should work just fine.

I kind of forgot I had an eMate 300.:) Mine also has the utility CD with it. Can't the eMate be synced with Windows (early version, of course) too?

Back