• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Magnavox Headstart 500 question

DisabledTeacher

Hi everyone,

Firstly, hi. Glad to find this site.

I'm deciding to go ahead and make an attempt to fix up one of the first computers my parents ever had which was the Headstart. I played countless games on it. But two things

1) Cant seem to find much info anywhere on the Magnavox Headstart. Anyone have some helpful links?

2) The one thing I cannot find is the CD that contained the 30 games that came with the system (I know Willow was one of the games on the CD as well as something flew something nest - it was shoot those nazi game). Anyone know where I can find a list of the games that game with the Headstart?

Thanks a lot

Welcome to the forums!!

I used to have one of these. Mine would boot into DOS, then I could type MENU (or something like that) and it would go to the Headstart menu. There, you could select different games, applications, and other things.

I found a link of some specs. http://books.google.com/books?id=zF...AA#v=onepage&q=magnavox headstart 500&f=false

As for the games, I'm not sure where to get the original cd's, but mine has chess, tetris, willow, basketball, math, oregon trail, secret agent, shut the box, and where is Carmen Sandiego.

These are the only discs that are in the box of my Magnavox Headstart 500
DSC01252.jpg
DSC01253.jpg
DSC01254.jpg

Hi everyone,

Firstly, hi. Glad to find this site.

I'm deciding to go ahead and make an attempt to fix up one of the first computers my parents ever had which was the Headstart. I played countless games on it. But two things

1) Cant seem to find much info anywhere on the Magnavox Headstart. Anyone have some helpful links?

2) The one thing I cannot find is the CD that contained the 30 games that came with the system (I know Willow was one of the games on the CD as well as something flew something nest - it was shoot those nazi game). Anyone know where I can find a list of the games that game with the Headstart?

Thanks a lot

Wolf3D came out a little late to be bundled with the HeadStart 500 (then again they might have updated their libraries later).... sounds more like Into the Eagle's Nest to me.

(yeah these questions are old - just throwing this out there)

Back