• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Seems to be a cache of Commodore spare parts

Chris Goodwin

Does this group know about the Sears Parts Direct web site? They claim to have C64/C64C and Amiga spares -- at the very least, keyboard assemblies and disk drives for 64, along with a few ICs, no CIAs, though. Also seem to have the B3 PCB. Top and bottom case for A500. Also seem to have parts for Commodore monitors.

I don't know if I can post a link yet, being a noob and all :) but if you do a Google search for Sears spare parts it will take you to the site, and you can drill down from there to computer spare parts and the Commodore parts section.

I actually bought a logic board for my old garage door from them. paid like $90 for it. A LOT cheaper than $300 for a new opener + god only knows for installation...

I actually used them for parts for my gas grill a couple of months ago. I'd been poking around the web looking for various C64 parts, and just last night I remembered their site. I'm glad I checked. (In a way, I'm not glad I checked... I was up 'til after midnight checking part numbers!)

I just called to check on a few part numbers .. it is unbelievable, but yes, they do have a pretty good catalog of parts for older machines (IBMs especially) and some of them are in stock.

A 5.25" rebuilt diskette drive for a PCjr runs close to $300. They don't have pricing on the web site - you have to call.

Mike

I think that if it doesn't say "out of stock" on the part then they have it. Probably best to call and verify.

Apparently, some items have prices and availability, but, as typical for Sears, they don't do you any favours on the price. $370 for a PC-40 hard drive!!

I could sell you TWO whole PC-40s and most of the shipping charge for a pretty good distance for that price.

actually..... the prices are what I'd expect them to be, considering what SEARS had to pay for them when they bought them. Remember back when they were new, the IBM parts were VERY pricey..... like $400 for a floppy drive. SEARS, in it's corporate way of thinking, wants to make sure that it makes a profit on all of this stuff..... even if it IS 30 years old.

;)

Is there a definitive (or not) list of places to go to find spare parts? Besides the C= specific parts, even things like the standardized DIN connectors, called out by name/part ID. I've seen a few instances of people trying to make cables and not knowing what to call the connectors, for example.

Back