• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Roland SCD-15 Daughterboard

Raven

Veteran Member
I'd like one of these to slap onto an SB16 and put in my 486. They let you have good MIDI sound without another card or external box, basically.

If there's another model besides SCD-15 that will do the job of getting me good Roland-compatible MIDI then that works too.

Last edited:
Raven,

Is there a reason you are avoiding the external units? I'd jump on one except I have an LAPC-I and to connect an external unit to it I would have to find (an extremely rare) break out box. It is frankly easier to get a SCD-15. If you are really in the market for good/ultimate PC game sound I would recommend: (Should have done this in hindsight myself):

SB AWE 32 to cover AWE games, and digital effects/speech
Roland SCC-1A (the 1 is good but the 1A has the extra voices making it more akin to the SCD-15 and SC-55 MKii), for GS/GM coverage, connected to a Roland MT-32 (gives you he LCD screen so you can have the cutsy messages from the developers) for the LA coverage in older games.

If I have to do it over again thats the route I am going. Here is hoping my LAPC-I doesn't die anytime soon!

I have two ISA card slots in the machine in question, one has a LAN card and one has an SB16. I've never used an external unit, and am not sure how to hook one up or if it can be done with an SB16. Assuming it could, it would still be quite preferable to get a daughterboard, since this is a compact unit and having external devices can pretty quickly defeat the purpose of a small machine.

Back