• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Factory settings Kouwell KW-520D 8-bit floppy drive controller

Is it possible to restore it manually if this happends?
The problem is that when a bit fails, there is no indication of which bit it is. And sometimes it can be more than one bit that has failed.

I only dont know how binary code work.. and what it needs to be correct it for an fix.
Normally, one obtains a good ROM image (from the Internet, or another card), and uses that to burn an EPROM.

I did mean the BIN rom files.. not the Eproms.. Without the Bin files you can do nothing with it.
If you just want some ROM images (BIN files) to practice burning EPROMs, then you can use the ones on my web site at http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/rom/rom.htm

If you want the ROM images that Chuck(G) has, ask him.

Hi

Thank you for the answers.. But i dont know which ROM images Chuck(G) did use.. is there an topic about that?

Thank you for the answers.. But i dont know which ROM images Chuck(G) did use.. is there an topic about that?
At post #12 of this thread, Chuck(G) wrote "I've also got ROMs for several others, including the MicroMini which may be very close."
I thought that that might have been what you were referring to.

Somebody who can tell me what this is for?

FLOPPY DRIVE CONTROL ADDRESS SELECTION

Address

J2

Primary

Pins 1 & 2 closed

Secondary

Pins 2 & 3 closed

Whats the differents from the primairy address and the secondairy one??
Do i only need this when this floppy card is conflicting with other devices or so??

I've also got ROMs for several others, including the MicroMini which may be very close.

Where can i download those..
I know how that kouwell controller is working.. But as you mentioned earlier, i think that bios isnt the orginal one i think, or is corrupted as hell..

But if i take that DTK bios, then i would have problems with formating floppy, because i find a old thread earlier, and that guy says that controller card wasting on formating floppys..

Somebody who can tell me what this is for?
FLOPPY DRIVE CONTROL ADDRESS SELECTION
Whats the differents from the primairy address and the secondairy one??
The first floppy controller card must be set to PRIMARY. The primary set of I/O addresses is where the motherboard is expecting to find the floppy controller at.

If you were to add a second floppy controller card, that card would be set to SECONDARY, however not all motherboard BIOS' support secondary floppy controllers.

Ok thank you modem7 for the explenation..

I have 2 new Floppy rom images for you..

One i know it works.
But the second one ill need to test it first.. So after then you can put them on your rom site too.

Back