• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Aztech Sound Galaxy NX Pro (non-16) CD-ROM driver needed

vwestlife

Veteran Member
I'm trying to find the drivers for the Aztech Sound Galaxy NX Pro card -- namely the driver for its Panasonic CR-521 CD-ROM interface. I have the Sound Blaster Pro's CR-521 driver, but it does not work with this card, even though it is otherwise a pretty good SBPro clone. (And yes, I actually do have a real CR-521 drive!)

I can find plenty of web sites claiming to have drivers for the Sound Galaxy NX Pro 16, but this is not the 16 -- it is just the regular NX Pro (FCC ID "138-SGNXPRO"). It is the Packard Bell OEM version, if that makes any difference.

The card is somewhat unique in that it also offers an optional SCSI CD-ROM interface (although the SCSI controller chip is not installed on mine), and can be jumpered to provide a virtual LPT2 port (278h) for Covox / Disney Sound Source emulation.

Here are a few drivers for the Panasonic CR-521 that may work

ftp://213.135.34.30/pub/mirror/ftp.mpoli.fi/hardware/CDROM/PANASONI/SGCDU.ZIP Panasonic cr56x driver for Aztech sound cards
The CR-56X and the CR52X drivers are the same for some cards, so this may work

ftp://213.135.34.30/pub/mirror/ftp.mpoli.fi/hardware/CDROM/PANASONI/PAN56X.ZIP Panasonic CR-521/522/523/562/563 CD-ROM drivers for DOS, WIN 3.x, WIN 95, OS/2

ftp://213.135.34.30/pub/mirror/ftp.mpoli.fi/hardware/CDROM/PANASONI/56X_DOS.ZIP Generic DOS drivers for Matsushita 56x(panasonic controler) cd-rom + CR-521/522/523 (1x speed, caddy loading type CD-ROM) +
CR-562/563 (2x speed, tray loading type CD-ROM)

Last edited:
I installed the Aztech software, but couldn't get it to recognize the CR-521 drive. I tried another cable, still no luck. I'll put it off until another day when I can try the drive with the real SB Pro card that I know it worked with in the past.

Back