• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Amstrad PC 1512 for Sale

william.winters

I am selling this old Amstrad that was passed on to me from a neighbor. I have turned it on a number of times, but the monitor is either burnt out or it needs fixed. Price is negotiable and will depend on shipping costs. All parts are included: Keyboard, Monitor, Mouse, and all the appropriate cables

I am located in Pittsburgh, PA and willing to ship to both US/Canada.

The Amstrad used an "enhanced" CGA graphic mode, which could display 640x200 pixels with 16 colors (or grayscale). It was sold with MS-DOS 3.2, DR-DOS plus 1.2 (an operating system from Digital Research), GEM (a graphic interface, also used in the Atari ST, TT & Falcon), GEMPAINT and GEM BASIC.

The mouse port, although using 9 pins like a COM port, is proprietary to Amstrad ... The port is female and is only for use with an Amstrad mouse. The special PC-CM monitor provides power to the system unit by a large 14-DIN connector.

If interested, please respond to this post.

hello, i am looking to sell for something like $40. That is because one of the parts isn't working right on the main computer. The monitor, keyboard, and mouse all turn on, i'm just lacking a start up menu or picture. What do you think?

I (from Germany) am interested too.

You can call me any time +49 160 716 7512 (mobile)

thanks in advance.

30 bucks sound very fair (+shipping of course)

hmm, $30 is a fair price but i doubt i have the skill to fix the monitor and i'm guessing there not easy to come across. what part of Pitt are you in?

This system is CGA compatable so if you're in to bastardizing it you could probably use any CGA compatable monitor.
The problem is that the PC1512 has its power supply built into the monitor. So without the original monitor, you'll need to fabricate a separate power supply for it.

Wikipedia said:
Whereas IBM's PC (and almost all PC compatibles) had a power supply in a corner of the main case, the PC1512's power supply was integrated with that of its monitor. The monitor had sufficient venting to cool itself by convection, instead of needing a fan. The PC1512 was therefore quieter than other PCs. Rumors circulated that an Amstrad PC would overheat, and while existing owners would note that this did not happen, new buyers were discouraged. As a result, later models had a cooling fan integrated into the main case.

This system is CGA compatable so if you're in to bastardizing it you could probably use any CGA compatable monitor.

Not only is the power supply in the monitor (as already mentioned) but the video pinout and signals aren't the same as normal CGA: it uses an 8-pin DIN connector, and composite sync rather than separate horizontal and vertical syncs.

ok, i know where that is. last questions. whats the condition of the case? does it come with a hdd installed or 1 or 2 fdd's? any software included

The case is in good condition: no cracks, no broken parts. As for HDD installed and FDDs, I have no idea what that means. No software, sorry.

Back