• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ti cart...quite unusual

ebaybrad1

Experienced Member
I got this cart. No idea how i am supposed to use it. Perhaps there is a peripheral that it works with it. But why bother with the adapter instead of pluggin directly into the cART PORT of the ti-99...hmm...have 4 others...chess, etc... The mini memory cart is really cool. I found a excellent faq on it and its functions. I really think the ti99 was quite underrated and deserved more credit. I have set up an entire system and am enjoying this quirky machine.

A delorean computer. Really nice style.

MM1.jpg

MM2.jpg

Last edited:
I think maybe it is a conversion to a new connector style. You would adapt your machine and every cart you wanted to use. I would not be surprised to see that is a home-made cart. Probably has eeproms in it.

Neat cart! luckybob has a point, looks like a homemade connector, and you would convert your carts over. Maybe the centronics connector was tougher in the long run, or the previous owner thought so. Very cool carts.

I was the underbidder on that one. . .

It is definitely a homemade object--I've never seen one like it, though it may have been for some kind of homebrew cartridge expander that allowed the cartridges to be put into place and locked down. No way of knowing for sure until you look inside. The Centronics connector does have 36 positions, same as the regular cart connector, so that may be what they were up to.

Its really an AWESOME idea. 36 pin connectors are CHEAP. I grew up using a TI, the connector between cart and computer SUCKS. You often had to re-seat the dang thing, or only put in in half way or at a weird angle...

I love the idea so much I'm going to do it to my backup TI. It might be a LOT of initial time to wire up all the carts, but in the end it should be a fun project.

Back