• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM 5110 for sale

fvincent

Hi all. I have an IBM 5110 that was given to me in 1980 for programming in BASIC for a vending company. I wrapped it up when I finished the job and ran across it in a closet recently. A PC tech friend told me I shouldn't plug it in until its gone through. It appears to be in good shape cosmetically, but I don't want to chance frying it as it hasn't been used for many years. I would like to sell it if it has any value. it is one of the machines I actually programmed for a year in BASIC. If your interested, or have questions, please feel free to email me at floydvincent@verizon.net

Everybody is going to what to know this ...

What region are you located in?

I would like to sell it if it has any value.

I think it would have a high value (I would guess in the order of $300 to $600). The IBM 5100 was built by IBM before they brought out the IBM PC, and sold in far smaller volumes. The 5110 is a later model in the range and any model in this family is highly regarded by collectors. A lot of people have IBM PCs, XTs and ATs - very few have a 5100 or 5110.

If you want the best price take a few good photos and list on eBay and be prepared to pack it very well and ship it, if you want less hassle put it as collection only.

Good luck,
John

Yeah, I really wanted one too and actually came across a pretty good deal but had to fold due to financial issues. It definitely has value and will sell if offered. The biggest problem is shipping the system due to the weight of the beast, but it's certainly desirable. Does it only have basic or does it have the APL library? I'm not sure if that dictates much price difference but I know it's one of the few features that can entice a sale. As John said, take some pictures of the system when you have some time.

Back