• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple IIe IIc Hand Controllers, What do you think?

Junk Junkie

I have a boxed set of very new looking, in fact they look never removed from the box, Apple Hand Controllers. I've never removed them myself. Since I've only been collecting apple things for a short time, I'm not sure about the value of these. I've seem some high numbers on eBay for un-boxed sets and I've seen low numbers too. I just don't know enough about them to put a fair price on them. I'm not even sure I would sell them although having a complete apple collection isn't something I'm interested in either.

The box is very good condition and the controllers themselves are pristine. The cords are neatly tucked away and the wire tie looks as if it's never been removed. I honestly think these have never been used. Any comments about the value or collecibility would be apreciated.

Gary Fletcher

Attachments

• DSCF3763.jpg
    DSCF3763.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF3764.jpg
    DSCF3764.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1
Hi,
They look nice, but programs/games use joysticks for the most part. IMO they are not a highly sought after item. Some of the early programs/games used them with each person controlling one of them which game I do not remember. Not really sure what they are worth, but if I had to take an educated guess around $30.00. A year ago I would have said $15-20.
Take Care

I just bought a new set of them identical to yours for about $15. The hand paddles just aren't popular. Only a few games used them. I bought them just so I'd have paddles for Arkanoid and Wavy Navy. :D

I just bought a new set of them identical to yours for about $15. The hand paddles just aren't popular. Only a few games used them. I bought them just so I'd have paddles for Arkanoid and Wavy Navy. :D

Araknoid does suck with the mouse.. Now i need a set

I was just wondering cause I found some on eBay with a pretty high price and thought I struck a little gold. I know that eBay prices are not always a good indicator of value especially when you only find a couple listings of the same item. Thanks for the info.

Gary

I have a boxed set of very new looking, in fact they look never removed from the box, Apple Hand Controllers. I've never removed them myself. Since I've only been collecting apple things for a short time, I'm not sure about the value of these. I've seem some high numbers on eBay for un-boxed sets and I've seen low numbers too. I just don't know enough about them to put a fair price on them. I'm not even sure I would sell them although having a complete apple collection isn't something I'm interested in either.

The box is very good condition and the controllers themselves are pristine. The cords are neatly tucked away and the wire tie looks as if it's never been removed. I honestly think these have never been used. Any comments about the value or collecibility would be apreciated.

Gary Fletcher

Gary - I did a search of my sales database and found that I have sold 4 sets of that same model of paddles, in the box, for $25 each in the past year. I also sold 2 other paddle sets - one was a Keyboard Co. set and the other was a older set of Apple paddles (black), both of which sold for $35 each. All of those sales were from my blujay.com webstore - none were via eBay.

As an aside, I just this month pulled all of my ads from eBay and filed an ICCC complaint against eBay. The ICCC complaint will do absolutely nothing, I'm sure, but it made me feel a tiny bit better. Figure if enough people file complaints against eBay with ICCC, something may eventually happen. Back in the 1980s, I filed a complaint with the New Hampshire Attorney General's office against a company called Business Computers of Peterborough (NH) and worked with them for a bit against BCP. We then got in touch with the magazines the company was advertising in, and after they received enough complaints the magazines to stop accepting BCP's ads. BCP went belly up. So, if enough people act, you can have an effect on companies with shoddy business practices. My complaint with eBay is that eBay does absolutely nothing with sellers who are, basically, stealing intellectual content, sellers who pull stunts like charge you for 3-day delivery service and then send an item parcel post, etc. Basically, not enforcing their policies equitably, fairly and in a timely manner.

Sorry for the protracted barrage against eBay. I'll step off the soapbox now...

Ken
www.Apple2Online.com

Back