• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB Soon: Apple IIe card for Macintosh LC

chalackd

Experienced Member
I'm not in a big rush at the moment, it will probably be a little later in the month before I will be able to make a purchase anyways...

I'm looking for a cheap Apple IIe card for the Mac LC. Due to the typical value of the Y-cable I'm probably looking to get the card without it, but would entertain the idea depending on what it would be worth to someone...

My plan is to actually make a couple appropriate cables for this card and see what interest is out there for them, it seems to me that there's quite a few of these cards around but not so many cables. I believe that I have already sourced the appropriate connectors, cable, pinouts, etc. but I would like to have a card here to be able to verify the design before offering them to others. And if all else fails, it would be a neat addition to the Apple / Mac branch of my collection.

Thanks for looking.

I'm not in a big rush at the moment, it will probably be a little later in the month before I will be able to make a purchase anyways...

I'm looking for a cheap Apple IIe card for the Mac LC. Due to the typical value of the Y-cable I'm probably looking to get the card without it, but would entertain the idea depending on what it would be worth to someone...

My plan is to actually make a couple appropriate cables for this card and see what interest is out there for them, it seems to me that there's quite a few of these cards around but not so many cables. I believe that I have already sourced the appropriate connectors, cable, pinouts, etc. but I would like to have a card here to be able to verify the design before offering them to others. And if all else fails, it would be a neat addition to the Apple / Mac branch of my collection.

Thanks for looking.

Here's one... still at a relatively low price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251009520205

The cards themselves come up a lot of on eBay and usually sell for around $35-50. I used to have several but lost them during a move. I think Herb at Retro Technologies has some of the cards, but no cables. His e-mail address is hjohnson@retrotechnology.com. His website is http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/Welcome.html.

If you do get the cables working I would definitely purchase one from you. I saw one go for over $100 on eBay very recently (just the cable!) and was astonished. As much as I'd like to have a working IIe card and cable they will never be worth that much to me.

Yeah, as mentioned I'm looking for a card, not a cable. Plus that particular auction would be of little use to me anyways, it's another 'ships to USA only' seller and I'm located in Canada. (Always annoys me to no end how many people take to selling online but refuse international transactions... I see so many interesting things on the US eBay site that I can't get..)

I took a look through Herb's listing on his website there, but it doesn't appear that he has any of these cards left. Or at least none listed anyways.

From the sourcing that I've done so far I'm thinking that these cables should be producible in one form or another for around the $15 - $20 range. The only parts related problem I've come across is a difficulty in sourcing the connector hoods, I can find all three sizes but they don't match each other. This has led me to thinking along the lines of making it more like a breakout box, with a small enclosure housing both the joystick and floppy connectors and a single cable to the card connector.

Definitely e-mail Herb... I had e-mailed him not long ago and he had some cards, but not cables still. His site isn't always up-to-date and sometimes he has things that aren't even listed.

Just wanted to refresh this, as I'm still looking. I tried Herb over at retrotechnology but he didn't think that he had any left in stock at the moment.

So yeah, Apple II card for LC slot Macs still wanted, without cable.

Just wanted to refresh this, as I'm still looking. I tried Herb over at retrotechnology but he didn't think that he had any left in stock at the moment.

So yeah, Apple II card for LC slot Macs still wanted, without cable.

AppleIIFan had like 50 of them before he got banned. I bought one with cable in the original box from him for like $50. I can see if I still have his contact info if you want.

Back