• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Does anyone fix motherboards for a fee?

Chandler1

Experienced Member
I can check cone toons, reseat ics and spot obvious issues, but have no oscilloscope or logic probe.
I have a pet 2001-8 ,320008 motherboard and if I can't get it working, does anyone do it and charge?

I can check cone toons, reseat ics and spot obvious issues, but have no oscilloscope or logic probe.
I have a pet 2001-8 ,320008 motherboard and if I can't get it working, does anyone do it and charge?
Cone toons???

As usual, sigh... why won't you folks put your location in your profile?

At least tell us what continent you're on...

I'm in Atlanta-profile now amended.
A cone toon is (obviously) a connection that has gone through an iphone spell checker...
Ho hum....meanwhile, still checking socketed ic connections.

If you are located near Austria i can help ...
Greetings TOM:)

There's always the international post system I suppose!
Not sure the board would stand the trip, but thanks anyway!
I did wonder about just replacing all the capacitors. Not too tricky, if I can get hold of them.

Ok, got it. No more spelling mustokes. ;)

lol It's all good. ;) I must say that cone toons is a great word! I'll be checkin' those from now on. :)

As for your mother board, I would guess that you'd get more response if there was some description and discussion of what the issues are. It could be a small amount of work for someone with the appropriate expertise, but it could also be a huge job that someone couldn't charge enough to do. Someone with the skills to do this would usually charge a lot for this kind of work commercially so I think your best bet is to try to diagnose the situation with the help of people here, and then you might have more luck inspiring someone to repair it for an affordable price if that is what is needed.

Thanks for the tips. My problems are on the restoring a chic let thread...I'm still hopeful of finding a broken socket.

If you buy a Petvet from gubbish, it bypasses the onboard ram and roms, so you don't have to worry about sockets. And the 2001 with 6550's
runs sooooooo much cooler by installing a petvet and removing all the original roms/rams.

Later,
dabone

Back