• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Kaypro books need a home.

barryp

Experienced Member
I have a box that has been closed for many years. I don't remember what's in it; probably disks too. If there's no interest I'll recycle the contents.

I don't want to make any money on this, nor do I want to lose some...

There is quite a bit of interest, so I've opened the box and inventoried the contents:

BOOKS (*=KayPro)

* KayPro 10 User's Guide
WordStar & Friends For Kaypro II & 4
Word Processing on the Kaypro
Wordstar Tips and Traps
* Kaypro Reportstar Training Guide
* Kaypro Mailmerge Reference Manual
* Kaypro Microsoft BASIC Reference Guide
* Kaypro Datastar Reference Card
* Kaypro Reportstar Reference Card
* Kaypro Calcstar Reference Card
Wordstar Without Tears
* Kaypro Reportstar User Reference Manual
* Kaypro Wordstar Training Guide
* Kaypro The Word Plus (Spelling checker to be used with Perfect Writer?)
* Kaypro Microplan
* Kaypro Introduction to software
* Kaypro Reportstar General Information Manual
* Kaypro CBASIC Language Reference Manual
* Kaypro Superterm User's Guide
* Kaypro S-BASIC
* Kaypro Microsoft BASIC User's Guide
* Kaypro Datastar Reference Manual
* Kaypro Datastar Training Guide
* Kaypro Wordstar Reference Manual
* Kaypro Calcstar User's Manual

DISKS:

A box of 10 with my handwriting. Probably copies or data or ???

A box of 12 disks:

Kaypro 4/10/Robie On-Disk Tutorial dBase II Two sets of two disks; Lessons 1-4 and Lessons 5-10

* Kaypro Master Wordstar The Word Plus
* Kaypro 4 Installation Disk - Perfect Writer
* Kaypro 4 Lesson Disk - Perfect Writer
* Kaypro 4 Program/Lessons Working Diskette Perfect Calc
* Kaypro 4 Individual Member Perfect Filer Data Base
* Kaypro 4 Individual Member Perfect Filer Data Base Working Diskette

On a Maxell disk with a Kaypro label: Edit Disk Working Diskette Perfect Writer Perfect Speller

On a Verbatim disk with a hand-written label: Games for the Kaypro IV Public Domain Courtesy of Idaho Computer

============================================================================

I know no more about this stuff. I have owned a Kaypro 10 (hard disk?) and a Kaypro 2 (or II?) but never really got into it. The hardware is long gone.

The disks probably will go fast - post on the free marketplace here , eBay, etc. if you do not get responses from this site.

Many get Kaypros but without the disks and books, so there is a demand.

Good luck !

Frank

I've listed a pile of Kaypro disks on e-bay just last night. I don't know their history, they were just in a pile of Kaypro stuff I rescued from somewhere. The media is in good shape, I tested a bunch of them but not all of them and they read great (but since I didn't test them all, no guarantees are being made). I don't *really* collect Kaypros, so I figured I'd try to find a home for the disks. If they don't sell, I'll probably just reuse them for other purposes. I've not had real good luck listing Kaypro disks on e-bay. By the time the e-bay fees and the paypal fees come out of it, it's almost not worth my time...and many times they don't even sell and I end up out the fees. But I hate losing old software so badly, I thought I'd give it another try! So, please someone who knows more about Kaypros consider giving them a good home (item 180869219971) or tell me that they're worthless. :)

Last edited:
You might try WWW.PAPERBACKSWAP.COM.

They are into all sorts of books, not just paperbacks, but also some technical books, manuals, etc..

The deal is it is all computerized so it is a snap to use – you print off the mailing label, pay postage even on this site if you want – Media mail $3-4 to send it, but you get
“ credit “ for a book for someone to send you one !

So overall it is “free” – such a nice four [4] letter word.

Also, they have related sites that do the same for music CD’s and movie DVD’s.

You can” swap “ credits – so for books you could get free CD’s & DVD’s sent to you.

They have been doing this for awhile and they also quickly “weed out” the not so honest ones.

Not international however as far as I know – just USA and a real big growing following !

It all started about “recycling” books so they do not go to a landfill.

Worth a try.

I find it very useful for especially older computer books long ago out of print for my decades of STS-NSF research [science, technology & society – National Science Foundation].

I have always been really pleased – a lot of very nice people from across the country on it.

Good luck !

Frank

P.S.

I got Osborne’s “Hypergrowth” book autographed as well as Carly Fiorina of HP-Compaq fame [or infamy, depending on your viewpoint !]. Survived cancer but did not get elected to public office.

I'm so happy that someone bought the disks I listed!!! Hopefully they contain some good materials on them. I love to find a good home for old media!

Back