• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Laptop from 1991 to 1995 year

pawel4325

Hi. I looking to buy if anyone got laptop from those years. For me is important if they got processor from 20 to max 75 mhz. Here are little list what I prepared with models of Toshiba & IBM what I looking to buy:

Toshiba:

Toshiba Portégé T360OCT - 1994
Toshiba Satellite T2100CS - 1995
Toshiba Satellite T2100CT - 1995
Toshiba Satellite T2110CS - 1995
Toshiba Satellite T2130CS - 1995
Toshiba Satellite T2130CT - 1995
Toshiba Satellite T2400CS - 1994
Toshiba Satellite T2400CT - 1994
Toshiba Satellite Pro 400CDT - 1995
Toshiba Satellite Pro 400cs - 1995
Toshiba Satellite Pro T2150CDS - 1995
Toshiba Satellite Pro T2400CS - 1994
Toshiba Satellite Pro T2450CT - 1994
Toshiba T1850 - 1992
Toshiba T1850C - 1992
Toshiba T1900 - 1993
Toshiba T1900C - 1993
Toshiba T1900S - 1994
Toshiba T1910 - 1994
Toshiba T1910CS - 1994
Toshiba T1950 - 1993
Toshiba T1950CS - 1993
Toshiba T1950CT - 1993
Toshiba T2000SXE - 1991
Toshiba T2110 - 1995
Toshiba T2150CDT - 1995
Toshiba T3200SXC - 1990
Toshiba T3600CT - 1994
Toshiba T4400SXC - 1992
Toshiba T4850CT - 1994
Toshiba T4900CT - 1994
Toshiba T6400DXC - 1992

IBM:

IBM L40SX (?)
IBM ThinkPad 230Cs (1994 June)
IBM ThinkPad 300C (1992 October)
IBM ThinkPad 340CSE (?)
IBM ThinkPad 345C (?)
IBM ThinkPad 345CS (?)
IBM ThinkPad 350 (1993 June)
IBM ThinkPad 350C (1993 June)
IBM ThinkPad 355 (1994 June)
IBM ThinkPad 355C (1994 June)
IBM ThinkPad 355Cs (1994 June)
IBM ThinkPad 360 (1994 May)
IBM ThinkPad 360C (1994 June)
IBM ThinkPad 360CE (1994 October)
IBM ThinkPad 360Cs (1994 May)
IBM ThinkPad 360CSE (1994 October)
IBM ThinkPad 360P (1994 June)
IBM ThinkPad 360PE (1994 June)
IBM ThinkPad 365C (1995 November)
IBM ThinkPad 365CD (1995 November)
IBM ThinkPad 365CS (1995 November)
IBM ThinkPad 365CSD (1995 November)
IBM ThinkPad 370C (1995 May)
IBM ThinkPad 510Cs (?)
IBM ThinkPad 700 (1992 October)
IBM ThinkPad 700C (1992 October)
IBM ThinkPad 701C (1995 March)
IBM ThinkPad 701CS (1995 March)
IBM ThinkPad 720 (1993 May)
IBM ThinkPad 720C (1993 May)
IBM Thinkpad 750 (1993 September)
IBM Thinkpad 750C (1993 September)
IBM Thinkpad 750Cs (1993 November)
IBM ThinkPad 750P (1993 September)
IBM ThinkPad 755 (1994 June)
IBM Thinkpad 755C (1994 June)
IBM ThinkPad 755CD (1994 October)
IBM ThinkPad 755CDV (1995 June)
IBM ThinkPad 755Cs (1994 June)
IBM ThinkPad 755CV (1995 May)
IBM ThinkPad 755CX (1995 May)
IBM ThinkPad 760E - (1996 May) - Looking Especially 2 MB Graphic card VRam model with 120 mhz Pentium Processor

One IBM what I looking is from 1996 because I Looking this one of those big resolution at this time. I don't need all of those laptops just 1, 2 or max 3 for colletion. If you got any of them in good condition (battery is not important to even hold for 1 second). Or any other laptop with those parameters what I looking I'll be very happy. I am from Europe so good if anyone who can sell is too from Europe, because from other land its very high shipping cost. Waiting for any reply in this thread :)

I've got a Toshiba 410CDT/810 in working order. But I'm in the USA.

Later,
dabone

Its that bad thing I got friend in USA, but he send one on 3 month some things to me and my father, but that toshiba got 90 mhz processor I need model max 400CDT or any older. 3 years ago I got that toshiba, but was too much damaged.

I have an IBM ThinkPad 755CE, which is not in your list (it's not for sale, either) :D

Mine has a 100MHz 486DX4, which I guess it "too much" for you.

Have you thought of using some driver/TSR software to slow down the CPU speed, in case some buying opportunity arises for you with a CPU a little faster that you think you "need"? Something along the lines of this ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/tsr/slodn300.zip

Code:
WHAT IS SLOWDOWN?

SLOWDOWN is a DOS program that temporarily Slows Down your computer, so
     that it runs like one of the older, slower computers.  Of course,
     nowadays people are willing to spend a lot of money to make sure their
     computer is as fast as it can possibly be -- why would anyone in their
     right mind ever want to slow a computer down?  Believe it or not, there
     are a some really good reasons.

The first reason is that there are many very good, useful (old) programs
     that were designed to run on the old, slow computers, and they do not
     run correctly on a new, fast computer.  The old programs either don't
     run at all (they "blow up" -- the computer totally locks up, or you get
     a "Run-time Error" or "Divide by Zero" of some sort), or they run in
     such a way that you can't use them.  When I first wrote SLOWDOWN (many
     years ago), about the only kinds of programs that really seemed to have
     problems were ones that required lots of "real-time" interaction with
     the user (like arcade-type games).  In my opinion, any program that
     requires such "real-time" interaction should be designed to run on any
     computer, no matter how fast (or how slow) it is.  Unfortunately, very
     few programs are actually designed that way.

Nowadays, especially with the really fast computers, there are lots of
     different types of programs that have problems with fast computers (not
     just games).  I've personally seen or heard of different typing tutors,
     communications, network, database, and copy-protection programs that
     have problems on new computers.  I'm sure there is at least one program
     in just about any software category you could name that would either
     blow up or be unusable on one of the latest computers.  You can't even
     buy the old, slow computers anymore, but with SLOWDOWN you may still be
     able to use the programs.

The second reason you may want to temporarily slow down your computer is
     when you are trying troubleshoot something that is going wrong with
     another program.  Sometimes, you know something is wrong, but things
     happen so fast you can't tell exactly what or even where the problem is
     (error messages or status messages flash by on the screen so fast you
     can't read them).  With SLOWDOWN, you may actually be able to see what's
     on the screen before it disappears again.

This new version 3 of SLOWDOWN has several different "methods" or
     "modes" it can use to slow the computer down.  Some of the methods work
     better with certain computers or programs than other methods do.
     Exactly what the different methods are, and when you may and may not
     want to use them, are described in the various sections below.  For now,
     suffice it to say that every reasonable method I know of to Slow Down
     computers is built into SLOWDOWN.  If SLOWDOWN is unable to Slow the
     computer Down appropriately, it probably can't be done at all.

While SLOWDOWN is installed in memory, you are usually able to change
     the Speed of the computer with the keyboard using Hot-Keys, even while
     other programs are running.  The Hot-Keys are discussed in detail in the
     "HOT-KEYS" section below (page 42).  This lets you control exactly when
     and how fast your computer runs, and you can change the computer speed
     in "real time."  There are also several different ways of telling
     SLOWDOWN how fast you want your computer to run from the command-line
     (the different ways are discussed in the "OPTIONS" section below,
     starting on page 6).

There are dozens of other "slowdown" programs already out there, so what
     makes SLOWDOWN different enough from the others that I even bothered to
     write it?  The main thing is flexibility -- SLOWDOWN includes in one
     program features that you may find sporadically in other "slowdown"
     programs, but never all together in one place.  SLOWDOWN also contains
     some features that I've NEVER seen in any other "slowdown" program.
     SLOWDOWN is also very small (it only uses about 3000 bytes of memory),
     and, perhaps most importantly, is free.

It maybe not depends so much on processor speed but I need laptop for example from year 1993, and It's not possible to find with 100 mhz processor, I need just older hardware for older software :)

Why such a fixation with a year, instead of for example with a brand name (which is way more common in the hobby)?

Are you in the business of recreating time-specific computing environments? Is it your work to do research to contest patent's applications, per chance? :D

Why such a fixation with a year, instead of for example with a brand name (which is way more common in the hobby)?

Are you in the business of recreating time-specific computing environments? Is it your work to do research to contest patent's applications, per chance? :D

It's just my hobby :) But laptop with those parameters what you say I can easy buy in my country, but with much less is not that easy to get.

It's just my hobby :) But laptop with those parameters what you say I can easy buy in my country, but with much less is not that easy to get.

And your country is? If you want to buy, you either do pick locally or have the seller ship it to you. So where are you located? You sould update your profile with that info, if shipping and/or local pickup is going to be involved....

Ahh sorry My bad, so I am from Poland and for me best is to buy in Europe. I know some site where it's possible to buy at my country one of those laptop but it's very very hard to find there, so it's why I decided to look around

I need just older hardware for older software :)
What Pepinno said makes a lot of sense. Many times, needing older hardware for older software equates with a processor that is just too fast for the older software to run properly. So, what does it depend on, if not the processor speed?

It depends on driver etc. But I think its some exiciting to test old software on like that old laptop.

I was thinking about 3 last laptop but bad thing only last one http://www.ebay.de/itm/Raritat-Targa-TS30AS-Intel-486DX-2-66-C-NEU-MINT-CONDITION-/290692049614 that man sending to all world. But bad thing about this one it's without hard drive, and now its other problem to get hard drive to get fully working with this laptop. Everything can be good about that last laptop, if I find proper HD for it, because I got personally 2 GB from Toshiba but I don't think he will see this HD properly. Any advice about that? And Btw. for that price if its not rich high price can be good :). And other question maybe little stupid but I want ask. How to contact by ebay with that person when I won for example that laptop ? I need first to register etc. Thanks in advance for reply.

I was thinking about 3 last laptop but bad thing only last one http://www.ebay.de/itm/Raritat-Targa-TS30AS-Intel-486DX-2-66-C-NEU-MINT-CONDITION-/290692049614 that man sending to all world. But bad thing about this one it's without hard drive, and now its other problem to get hard drive to get fully working with this laptop. Everything can be good about that last laptop, if I find proper HD for it, because I got personally 2 GB from Toshiba but I don't think he will see this HD properly. Any advice about that? And Btw. for that price if its not rich high price can be good :). And other question maybe little stupid but I want ask. How to contact by ebay with that person when I won for example that laptop ? I need first to register etc. Thanks in advance for reply.

You have to register an account in eBay.de to be able to bid, ask questions to the seller, etc.

About shipping, don't worry too much. Pretty much anybody who does not explicitly state "no international shipping" would ship from Germany to Poland, as long as you pay in Euros and take into account that international european shipping cost will be about 25% more than the shipping cost for intra-Germany. So being in Poland you are not restricted to only those eBay.de auctions where the seller explicitly states he does international shipping, although it is good to ask the seller first -- and for that you have to register an account in eBay.de (which is free).

That laptop I don't know whether it would support a 2 GB hard disk. It's a TARGA, which may be "special" in some way, or maybe not. When you buy vintage, you are always doing a blind shot, and that's the fun of it also. There is limited research you can do prior hand about vintage rarities... the common aproach, for me, is to do a little rearch first, then buy if the machine fits my general vintage needs, and then do a much deeper research to be able use the machine to it's full potential and to bring it up to form.

Hi. I looking to buy if anyone got laptop from those years. For me is important if they got processor from 20 to max 75 mhz. Here are little list what I prepared with models of Toshiba & IBM what I looking to buy:

Toshiba:

Hi I have a TOSHIBA T6400DXC complete with Intel DVI video decompression card. It is work (although battery is shot) on mains. I am in UK. It is for sale!!! Have you an offer for me? I'd be very please to hear from you!

In US but hae working Toshiba

In US but hae working Toshiba

Hi, although you say you want to limit your search to EWurope, if you change your mind, my old Toshiba SatellitePro2400CS works fine. The power cord is also included. Battery hasn't held a charge for years, tho. Additionally, you would need a monitor, as the screen went dark years ago. Otherwise, it is great. I think I even have all the original books with came with it and with Wondows for Workgroups (Windows 3.11) and the reinstall disks for the Windows 3.11 system it runs. It was way ahead of its time as far as all the hardware it would accomodate, too. I've always really liked this computer so I held on to it.

Unfortunately, the floppy drive no longer works, so you would have to utilize an external drive for that.

I have no idea what the shipping might be.

Let me know if you want to try for this despite the shipping cost. Thanks

Back