• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Info on Tatung TCS-5000

Drummer016

Just bought a huge lot of vintage computers. I have a few Tatung TCS-5000 computers and dont know a thing about. I will have to post a picture later but it looks very similar to an IBM 5150 with dual 5.25' floppy drives. Takes the same keyboard and monitor as the IBM 5150.

I hooked it up to my IBM 5153 monochrome monitor and it works great!

Just wanted any general info.
Is this a rare computer?
How much do you think if may be worth?
I cant find any on ebay or like sites.

Is this what they mean by IBM clone? Im new to this.
"IBM PC clone". The Tatung computer above is just one example of many. Companies making close copies of the IBM PC in an attempt to cash in on the popularity of the IBM PC.

Are the clones worth more or less than an original IBM?
Both. Sometimes more and other times less.

Is this a rare computer?
How much do you think if may be worth?
I cant find any on ebay or like sites.
Note that rarity does not equate to desirability or worth.

I'm no expert on pricing, but based on what I've seen on eBay, I think you'd be lucky to get $100 (base+monitor+keyboard). Others here will no doubt have their own opinions.

Lucky to get 100 dollars? You did look at the picture closely right? Its an IBM CGA monitor. Monitor alone is worth 100... I'll agree the monitor is most likely worth more then the rest the machine though! >.>

I'll def like to own a system like that, I bet its a perfect clone, other then bios. To someone desperate for an XT (not myself), this be the next best thing! :thumbsup:

Value for the system is 50-150, depending on whats inside, and if everything works. Do you have manuals, that would increase the value as well. If you wish to sell it, location help xD

Last edited:
Lucky to get 100 dollars? You did look at the picture closely right? Its an IBM CGA monitor. Monitor alone is worth 100... I'll agree the monitor is most likely worth more then the rest the machine though! >.>

I'll def like to own a system like that, I bet its a perfect clone, other then bios. To someone desperate for an XT (not myself), this be the next best thing! :thumbsup:

Value for the system is 50-150, depending on whats inside, and if everything works. Do you have manuals, that would increase the value as well. If you wish to sell it, location help xD

System works fine. Has some light rust on the back though. I was thinking about replacing all the screws and trying to clean it up a bit with some rust remover. Here are some more pictures of whats inside.

100_2062.jpg100_2063.jpg100_2064.jpg100_2065.jpg100_2066.jpg

Back