• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Pennsylvania: getting rid of an Apple II GS.

facattack

Veteran Member
Since it isn't working any more, I'm getting rid of it. I'm only asking for the cost of shipping & packaging or for some one to come pick it up. It is currently in Pendel, PA at a non-profit I go to. The plan was to sell the machine at auction but it somehow died during transport in my car.

I won't know how much packing costs until I drive it to the UPS store near me and have them box the pieces up. It was fun having it, it was fun acquiring it on Ebay, but I'm not that much of a hobbyist. I liked old games when I was a kid, but as an adult I can easily just emulate stuff rather than play it on a vintage machine.

This isn't a sale. As I don't think the machine is worth much if it isn't working.

What rom? any peripherals/drives to go along with it? Monitor?
Shipping quote to 20147 residential? Ever come down dc/b'more way?

google maps a little iffy on pendel, pa that near philly?

Pendel? UH! That's near Oxford Valley Mall, just down Business Route 1. Located in suburbs, Bucks County.

I think it's a ROM3 with a RGB monitor, 2 3.5 drives, one 5.25 drive. There's a TransWarp GS RAM card plus an internal Vulcan 40 MEG hard drive.

I might be willing to have you pick it up... scratch that idea... but the parking lot of Neshaminy Mall or Oxford Valley Mall.
I won't be able to pay for packing or gas for the car until Thursday or Friday. That's the fourth or fifth.

Last edited:
Sent you a PM. I am heading up to VCF east Friday evening (late-ish) and coming back Sunday. Hopefully I can come pick it up from you.

Where you located, dorkbert? PM me.

Be it as it may, you can have the hard drive and the power supply (black, needed for the the hard drive card) for $200. Uh... would you mind having the case as well? I'll seperate out the software I think that goes with the hard drive. The transwarp drive is included with the $200.

The case has these stickers that say "VULCAN" and "40 MEG" on them alluding to the hard drive installed.

Ah I see you live in Cally.

There was a plastic plate that was I guess custom-made on the front. It had little lights on it to show the hard drive and the transwarp card were functional. I took that off as it hampered taking apart the machine with how it was contructed.

If the deal with dorkbert works out, I will just need to "sell" the RGB monitor and the drives.

Last edited:
Sorry, from the original post I thought we were talking about picking this up as a lot "gratis".
Count me out then...

I was! If that means "free" but I have bills and such. Blasted credit card companies.... :(

I decided to end the madness fairly I'll put up an auction here. :D

Dunno, I never get the hang or desire to figure out facebook but I'm thinking perhaps it's only shared to folks logged into facebook? Otherwise we get that unavailable page?

I have a photobucket page. But anyway, the pics are dark. I can't take any more until I have gas money. And that would be tommorrow afternoon. I will have to drive to the place where I have the computer.

Photobucket album

I found someone else's auction for the same hard drive. Well, not the SAME, but he also has one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-IIGS-...&ps=63&clkid=8137010697958325941#ht_500wt_949

His apparently works.

For the record, I put a $200 reserve on my auction. All components such as monitor and drives etc etc come with the auction. So you need to go over the $200 then bid against each other to see who wins. The buyout fee is just for whoever wants to end the auction before it gets too involved.

I can't edit options now...... otherwise I would change a few things. I haven't packaged anything for shipping so I don't know how much that would cost. Let's just say I minimally packaged things at this point.

Last edited:
Back