• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Pennsylvania: getting rid of an Apple II GS.

I didn't think of that when I had it. You saying I would claim to have the accessories I don't have?

I been talking about this thing for years. At one point someone alluded to the fact I wasted money on the hard drive as it wasn't working.... and I didn't know how to repair it.

But the thing is when I'm broke, I'm broke. I can't afford to drive. I made the huge mistake of relocating the machine. I'm sorry. If I'd kept it home and photographed everything I had, that would be better.

Didn't I already allude to the fact I'm stupid about this kinda thing?

I have an appointment tommorrow at 1am. After that I'm going to photograph the machine's inner bits and the accessories. Immediately afterward I guess I head off to UPS store to have it all neatly packaged.

EDIT: Oh I found pics!

Pics of inside.

Last edited:
Took it to the UPS store 2 hours before they close. The lady at the store WAS not happy when she saw the monitor and she wasn't sure she had a box big enough to accomodate the keyboard. And she really didn't like hearing I was going to ship it later on and didn't have a buyer.

Could a MOD change the BUY IT NOW price on the auction to $250? Plz. Thx.

EDIT: Took some last minute pictures of the TransWarp card and the hard drive and the manual for the hard drive. Was basically chased out of the UPS store while she packed everything up. I'm at Burger King. Will upload the pics from home computer. Estimated packing charge $70. UPS store lady said the shipping might be nearly the same price. :( When I get an address to send it to that is.

Last edited:
Updated the photobucket album. I might have mistakenly only taken one pic of the hard drive and got confused, taking more pics than needed of the TransWarp.

I think she said she put the "circuit boards" in the smallest box along with the software, joystick. and power supply. This is 16X12X12 @ 11 lbs. oh and the disk drives??? Not sure she said these were in here or not.

The next box is 27 lbs with measurements of 24X16X12. She said I think the keyboard and the CPU are in here.

The third box is 20 on all sides. 32 lbs. Inside resides the monitor.

I may have to open the boxes to find out for sure.... but i'm too tired from the long day. And I have no packing tape. :(

Like I said the cost for packaging without shipping is $72. So that kinda blows out of the water my assumption the shipping would be $100. Well, if everything ships.

I thankfully have no other retro devices.

So... I guess the furthest away I was asked to ship was Cally. The estimated price is 134.89 USD via UPS ground. With delivery confirmation. This doesn't include the 72 i tossed into the packaging.

Last edited:
So if I was to win this, I am automatically on the hook for the packaging ($72), in addition to the auction price?
Shipping quote to 20147 residential? (UPS ground ok, no USPS please).
Looks like MO is your only payment method? No paypal? (just need to know)

Thanks!

Depends on if you want everything. I would appreciate the $72 re-imbursement. I take Paypal, but that takes longer to process and I couldn't get the form to recognize I had entered my sendto address for paypal so I just clicked MO and continued.

Lemme read my PMs. I see you mentioned a pickup? Sorry we couldn't have discussed that further.

Let's see.... if you win the auction AND want everything we'll see about how much shipping costs. If you win the auction and just want some parts, I can prolly re-arrange things in the boxes and give or sell the parts the winner doesn't need. So basically you only need to re-imburse the packaging costs if you win and want it all.

I would want it all if anything. If I am on the hook for the packaging then, there wouldn't be enough savings to justify a pick up.
What is your zip code? I guess I could get a rough shipping estimate with that and the box descriptions above.

Thanks.

Depends on if you want everything. I would appreciate the $72 re-imbursement. I take Paypal, but that takes longer to process and I couldn't get the form to recognize I had entered my sendto address for paypal so I just clicked MO and continued.

Lemme read my PMs. I see you mentioned a pickup? Sorry we couldn't have discussed that further.

Let's see.... if you win the auction AND want everything we'll see about how much shipping costs. If you win the auction and just want some parts, I can prolly re-arrange things in the boxes and give or sell the parts the winner doesn't need. So basically you only need to re-imburse the packaging costs if you win and want it all.

Anyway, I'll see about adding in a Xebec SASI card if the winner wants that as well. No extra charge. I'll just put in one of the boxes. Oh, and I might have some ZIP drives in there, too. No discs for 'em. As far as I know, the SASI card isn't compatible with zip drives.

Updated the photobucket album.

Last edited:
Okay, Dracos won the auction. Congrats. Good thing I have the stuff packed. Funny thing is I bought packing tape expecting to have to rebox everything since Dorkbert didn't want the monitor or keyboard or disk drives. ...

Oh well, off I go to put MORE packing tape on the boxes to make sure they extra hard to open accidentally! :D hehe.

Back