• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

HP1611a Z80 logic state analyzer for sale

dspeirs

I recently took on the task of rebuilding a altos 8000 z80 based machine. In the process I bought a HP1611a with z80 probe head to work on it off ebay. It worked GREAT, never would have finished this task without it. Got some quirks, but hey, so do I after all these years...

I really don't think I will ever do any more z80 work - so I will offer this to the next guy for basically what I have in it. I am not trying to make a killing here... just recoup what I have in it.

I paid about $150 for it with shipping, then spent an additional $80 for the TTL probe head and $25 for the service/user manual. Also downloaded some manuals for it. So somewhere around $250 + shipping

This is a sweet machine... you clip onto your Z80 in circuit with a DIP CLIP and it shows you all the instructions being executed with very sophisticated trigger setups etc.

Hi

Do you still have your logic analyzer and acceccories (for the Z80) for sale? The price sounds good.

I have two HP 1611A analyzers, one with a Z80 module and POD, and one with an 1802 module and POD. I have never really done anything with them and I'm not even sure how to check whether they are fully functional. I'm located in the Seattle area. Shipping these wouldn't be cheap, but maybe not too bad.

-Glen

Hi Glen
I'm quite interested in the HP 1611A Anlyzer with the Z80 module & POD. The other fellow must have sold his or decided to keep his equipment. He has not been online for 2 years. What sort of price are you thinking of selling the Z80 combination for? I don't know the 1802 processor at all, so I don't have a need for it now. I did have some test equipment sent up from the U.S. a while back. The cost was not too bad. I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada.
Thank you for posting (I could be waiting for some time where the other guy is concerned).
Brett

Last edited:
I would have to check into how much the shipping might be from the Seattle area to you, and see if I can determine the functional state of the 1611A analyzer and Z80 probe. I wouldn't want someone to pay a lot for shipping these items unless they are likely to be in a usable condition, or usable without much additional cost.

At this point I wouldn't be looking for too much beyond actual postage plus packing costs and time, and to cover the hassle of any customs paperwork that might need to be completed. Too bad you can't just show up at my doorway and I'd probably just give them too you.

-Glen

Thank you for getting back to me. I'll make sure that I cover any extra costs involved.

Thanks for the manual links.

Brett

I powered up my two HP 1611A analyzers this morning for a quick look. The one with Option A18 - 10262A Personality Module - 1802 powers up to a SELF TEST COMPLETED screen, but the one with Option Z80 - 10260A Personality Module - Z80 powers up with a screen full of random characters. I'll have to do some troubleshooting. I hope the problem is not with the ROM board since that is one of the boards that is specific to the Personality Module type, and a bad ROM couldn't be replaced without a ROM dump from a good analyzer with the same Personality Module type. If the problem is with one of the 4 analyzer boards that is not specific to the Personality Module type I could try swapping between the two analyzers. I'll need to spend some more time looking at this.

-Glen

Back