• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple 1 listed on eBay

I have to admit, if I paid that much for a vintage machine, I sure wouldn't want to use UPS/USPS or FedEx! Imagine the torture regular shipping would put that apple 1 through...

Just imagine the pain of paying $35000 for an apple one and having it come in the mail with irreparable damage. JOOZZZXXYYQQQQKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the sound of horrible pain)

Last edited:
Waiting for the 1st bid. At that price I would want them to deliver it to me though by hand.

And a nice bow wrapped around it to make it stand out from the rest of the hand delivered computers you dream of.

On a side note: If i was to pay $35,000 for a computer, you think i'd even get the option to ship to Canada?...
I mean really. A Plane ticket is $700, if they are charging that $500 shipping for USA still $30,000+ in merchandise delivered to canada....

Awesome. Definitely watching this. If I won it, I would be picking this up myself (about 5 hours or so drive, not too bad :)

You mean you don't want USPS to force the do not bend package in half to fit it in your mailbox? I would think most collectors in that price range market would in fact make a visit to pick it up in person. Probably using their airline miles and saving money in the long run anyway. Opinions are that the items/seller are legitimate I guess?

Wow. $75,600? Seems like a relative bargain, no?

According to Wikipedia, one in 2009 sold for $17.5k. I assume it was much like this one, i.e. without much else. The most expensive one sold in late 2010 for $210k, but it had a lot of original documentation and boxes with it, making it much more valuable. I'd say judging from this info, this sold much higher than I would've valued it.

I was watching the auction and just realized it ended. Not a bad sum of money. The Apple that sold for $210k, the buyer posted here sometime last year. How do you ship something that cost over 75K? I wonder what the shipping insurance runs. That is one system you don't want to have returned to sender.

The same person who I had said I thought was a shill was the winner. I think someone was running a game... dubious!

The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of vintage-computer.com or it's employees and associates.

The same person who I had said I thought was a shill was the winner. I think someone was running a game... dubious!

I doubt that. The winning bid was made days before the auction ended, and the high ending bid was due to an unsuccessfull last-minute bidder.

As the winning bid was unreasonable high and made such time in advance, it was problably made by someone who would ensure themself to win. There is no benefit for a shill to win an auction, so no shill would do anything like that. A shill would rather bid right below the curent maximum bid, to ensure a high price and that someone will actually buy it at the high price.

I doubt that. The winning bid was made days before the auction ended, and the high ending bid was due to an unsuccessfull last-minute bidder.

As the winning bid was unreasonable high and made such time in advance, it was problably made by someone who would ensure themself to win. There is no benefit for a shill to win an auction, so no shill would do anything like that. A shill would rather bid right below the curent maximum bid, to ensure a high price and that someone will actually buy it at the high price.

That's if your point was to sell it. I'm thinking this was to keep the price down on the Sotheby's auction. People unlikely to bid 180k+ on something that just got sold for 76k in a similar market. Just a hunch...

Well, it will be more interesting to see if the feedback gets updated accordingly (if it really gets paid).

Based on the Sotheby's auction...congrats to the winner of this auction!!!

Back