• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Bad news for me

cobracon

Experienced Member
Well you may have noticed that I have not been on here for awhile. Well its been a very difficult time for me. My Girlfriend of 11 years took my mentally ill child and went 800 miles away. With no notice at all. Been talking to police and missing children the past week. Finally recieved a call today from my son. He sounded very down.

So computers have not been on my mind lately. As a matter of fact I will have to move in the next week or so and put all my old computer stuff on craigslist. In a big bulk lot. When it rains it pours. Hopefully I'll be able to check in more once I get move into my new place. Just too many memories here.

Are you selling because you need the money or are you moving to be closer to your son? Hope all works out for you. Any chance you could store your collection until you restabilize your life? How about pawn broker?

at least let us in the forum get first grabs, as wrong as it sounds.
Do what will work out best for you, but my personal opinion thinks you should do what K2 said.

That's very bad news for her to do such a thing. Especially to a child who need extra care. I do hope you get your son back to a good situation again. Was this just sudden or did domething trigger these events?

It was suddden. I never seen it coming. Had to close all my accounts including paypal, which leaves no real way to sell my stuff outside of my local area. :(

Sure did. We where living together for 11 years. She was on all my doctor records and everything. Very scary.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, bud... I truly hope that things work out for you and your son.

That said, I'd also hope that Terry's collection finds a good home - hopefully someone else is relatively local to you and can maybe "help out" with the dispensing and selling of the items?

All the great stuff terry gave me is going with me. But I have a ton of other stuff in the storage locker below my apartment.

Sorry to hear the scandalous trouble. Best luck with the legal issues there. Feel free to post a link to the CL auction as well and perhaps someone localish will find it from here.

Back