• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Pc/xt partiy check 1 00000 (s)

pearce_jj

Veteran Member
I'm getting the above message when I try and make a DMA transfer via an adapter in slot 8 (doesn't present itself in other slots).

To troubleshoot the problem, I would like to understand the cause, i.e. any info on how the above gets generated would be very gratefully received!?

Many thanks!

I'm getting the above message when I try and make a DMA transfer via an adapter in slot 8 (doesn't present itself in other slots).
To troubleshoot the problem, I would like to understand the cause, i.e. any info on how the above gets generated would be very gratefully received!?
Slot 8 is different to the other slots. Cards used in slot 8 need to be slot 8 compatible. Some cards have a jumper that needs to be set when the card is used in slot 8.

If the card you are using is not slot 8 compatible, then there is the problem cause.

Thanks for the info. I should probably elaborate a little... this is for my XT-CF board; I'm in the process of making the v2 slot-8 compatible. Port IO and memory-mapped operation work OK, but I've got this problem with DMA. I'm working through the system board logic diagrams to see if I can work out what's going wrong.

Back