• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: AMD K5 200 Pentium Pro 150/166

Looking for a working AMD K5 200 and Pentium Pro 150/166. Pins must be in good shape.
I might be able to help you on the P-Pro, I am just not 100% sure if its a 166 or a 180, I am on vacation at the moment, I can check tonight or tomorrow night, depending on when we get home. Its pins are PERFECT, I stored it installed in a CPU card from a Compaq Proliant server.

The Pentium Pro CPUs sell for about $25 each for gold scrappers, so I am going to ask a bit more than that just to be sure this WILL NOT go to scrap, $35 seems fair for one with PERFECT pins, I will even warranty this to be working, I have no way to test, but its been stored in anti-static bag on the CPU card, so I am confident it still works. If it doesn't work, ship it back to me and I will refund you.

This guy is looking for rarities (both the K5-200 and PPRo 150/166 were not produced in great numbers), so melting them down is not an issue.

Definitely not a scrapper! I'm a collector of socket 3, 5, 7, and 8 processors from my childhood. Please check my other posts, I'm also on cpu-world.com under Dan87951. I also have CPU's I can trade if interested just let me know what you are interested in. Rwallmow doesn't look like we are able to come to an agreement but if you want it to go to a good home let me know.

Last edited:
Definitely not a scrapper! I'm a collector of socket 3, 5, 7, and 8 processors from my childhood. Please check my other posts, I'm also on cpu-world.com under Dan951. I also have CPU's I can trade if interested just let me know what you are interested in. Rwallmow doesn't look like we are able to come to an agreement but if you want it to go to a good home let me know.
I checked, and its not a 166 anyways, its a 180 (SY031 256K). If anyone is looking for one, not for scrap, its available.

I hate to see these already fairly rare chips get any rarer because of people scrapping them, though there is little worry of that with most users here, but I am sure you could understand why I would be hesitant with someone fairly new here, no offense meant dan951.

None taking! To be honest I probably would have reacted the same. I know I'm not the most active forum member (work and other hobbies keep me busy) but I'm definitely no scrapper. It's a shame people are scrapping such a nice looking and great performing chip from that era. I actually just scored a new in box PPRO 200MHz 256k and will update this thread with pictures once it arrives. By chance you wouldn't happen to have any PPRO motherboards?

By chance you wouldn't happen to have any PPRO motherboards?
keep in mind very early Pros (133s & early 150s) will need a board that you can manually set the core voltage.
most OEM boards only automatically detect the voltage by the VID pins which were not used on the early Pros

None taking! To be honest I probably would have reacted the same. I know I'm not the most active forum member (work and other hobbies keep me busy) but I'm definitely no scrapper. It's a shame people are scrapping such a nice looking and great performing chip from that era. I actually just scored a new in box PPRO 200MHz 256k and will update this thread with pictures once it arrives. By chance you wouldn't happen to have any PPRO motherboards?
Sadly I gave my last ppro system to a friend, so I have no other ppro gear other than that lone 180 processor.

Nice score on that NIB PPRO 200 :)

I actually already have a few PPro180's but some of my friends might be interested. Let me know price. Feel free to PM if its easier.

Thanks for the info on the 150's and 166 processors I didn't know that about the motherboards.

Back