• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Wanted: Older Intel Chip

Mulder

I'm not sure if this qualifies as vintage, but I'm looking for an Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 chip that's Socket M compatible. So if anyone has one they aren't using and would like to give to me, let me know.

Thanks.

I think you missed the key part of the post: I'm not looking to buy one, I'm looking for anyone who has one that would be willing to give it to me of their own free will.

T7600 is not very vintage.

Definitely not vintage! My best computer runs one of these! My other PC runs a P4, but now I'm getting sidetracked. :)

Mulder, the T7600 is not a cheap chip by any means. It's selling on average upwards of $50 on eBay.

To help someone who may be willing to give you one, would you mind telling us what you plan to use it for? If you're just using it to build your own PC and not for any research or development purposes, you'll probably have a little trouble finding someone who'll give you a rather valuable chip for free.

(Note to Mods: this thread should probably reside in the Off-Topic Marketplace forum.)

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this qualifies as vintage.....
Absoultely, positively, not. Not even in the ballpark.

So if anyone has one they aren't using and would like to give to me, let me know.
Don't you have something you'd be willing to trade for this little gem? C'mon, I'm sure you've got something worthwhile to offer. And, hopefully, it would be something relative to vintage computing.

Absoultely, positively, not. Not even in the ballpark.

Don't you have something you'd be willing to trade for this little gem? C'mon, I'm sure you've got something worthwhile to offer. And, hopefully, it would be something relative to vintage computing.
I have lots of "stuff" that is vintage Mac, but the question is whether or not anyone would want it. For example:

• at least 18 vintage Mac OS applications
• an OEM Apple Combo drive pulled from a G4 iMac
• Keyspan USB 1.1 4-Port Hub (iMac fruit flavor Blueberry in color)
• Micro Conversions 12MB Voodoo 2 PCI graphics card
• SCSI Zip Drive and 18 Zip disks
• Multiple sets of approx. 8 commercial PostScript Type 1 fonts

If anyone's interested in trading that specific Intel chip for any of those items, let me know.

Umm...I think you're missing the point of "Vinage" Go find yourself a M68k Mac then come back with the "vintage" Apple stuff. As far as I consider, the 603 isn't even old enough to be called "Vintage", it's still too new.

For something that new you are stuck using ebay or the local laptop refub guys (they can be found selling laptops on craigslist in your area). Sell some of your stuff to get money to buy it. You are kind of new here to be asking for free stuff still worth some money (even the old farts here don't do that actually).

Look for a dead laptop, broken screen maybe, that uses the same processor. Might get lucky and find one for almost nothing.
What happened to the original?

No, I think you have a rather skewed idea of what vintage means. It does not mean "old" or older than a particular year.

Everything I listed as vintage fits the definition, regardless of what you consider to be vintage.

No, I think you have a rather skewed idea of what vintage means. It does not mean "old" or older than a particular year.
For this site at least, it _does_ mean exactly that. To quote the front page of www.vintage-computer.com:
This web site is dedicated to collecting, restoring and simply playing with old (A.K.A. vintage, classic, antique, outdated or just plain junk) computers

And if you check with Webster then as far as computers are concerned it's safe to say that the only way to use the "Vintage" term is their no. 3 definition: "A period of origin or manufacture" (because other definitions refers to the 'grape' nature of the word itself).

Everything I listed as vintage fits the definition, regardless of what you consider to be vintage.
Hmm.. no.

-Tor

Well, as far as these forums are concerned, something that new is off topic. So this thread has been moved to the off topic area.

8 bit machines and 16 bit machines are on topic, without argument. 386 and 486 machines are close enough. We decided to let first generation Pentium chips be discussed here, although they are not going to be vintage for a while.

A Core 2 Duo is not going to be vintage any time in the next 15 to 20 years ...

No, I think you have a rather skewed idea of what vintage means.

Instead of having yet another argument over this, have a look at what's already been defined. http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?8917-What-is-Vintage

Mulder, although you are correct in saying that vintage may apply to any year, (e.g. My car is vintage 2001) definitions of vintage may vary, such as ours here. Your older iMac stuff wil definitely be vintage by our definition in a few years. The system was a game changer, but it's just not old enough yet.

The Core 2 Duo was released in Q3 2007, so it definitely doesn't fit the bill. (As I've said, the computer I use everyday runs a Core 2 Duo.) It will be vintage in say 20 years, but it's just not old enough by our standards.

I hope this clarifies things. I wanted to avert another nasty argument here.

Last edited:
Back