• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Amstrad PPC external PSU S

user@lab1

Hello. :)
Sorry for the changes to this post, I had problems with the browser. :(
I recently recovered an Amstrad PPC 640 without the external power supply, but fully functional.
I need the schematic diagram of the external power supply, I've searched on the web but without results.
Can anyone tell me where I can find it online?
Thanks for your patience. :sigh:

Last edited:
Last edited:
PPC 640 service manual here This is one of two versions.

The second version is here

There is a power supply schematic listed on page 26 on both manuals.

****Edit: I should have done a thorough look at those service manuals prior to posting the links. They include the chassis schematics but not the external power supply brick.

Last edited:
Hello RJBJR.
Thanks, but I already know both sites. As I said, I have not found anything on the internet.
I am afraid that the only solution is to open the external power supply of the PPC and see how it's made.
Can you help me in this way?

I have an Amstrad PPC 640 power supply, and after rmoving the four screws found that it still does not open, as it has been glued shut.

Was there a point to knowing the internal content, or just curiosity? Knowing the voltage required and the tpe of barrel connector, surely a replacement can be sourced?

Paul.

Thanks Paul.
I want to recycle the power supply brick of an HP printer, but to do this I need some information, such as (eg.) the value of the capacitors used in the external PSU of the PPC (to have the right filtering), and the output voltage with no load (Vdc).
Only in this way. I can get the exact value of the output voltage (AC) and make the appropriate changes to my power supply.

If I remember correctly the Amstrad PSU is not glued, but there is a large piece of tape between the transformer and the top cover. The top cover should come off without forcing it too much...

The photo below is just to give an idea of what I am doing. Here is the HP external power supply brick, ready to be modified and reassembled. :lol: A task done many times in the past... ;)

HP_PSU.jpg

Last edited:
Amstrad PPC external PSU... assembled!

Amstrad PPC external PSU... assembled!

I think I'm done. My PPC is working with the new power supply, and aesthetically does not appear too bad. Judge for yourself. :cool:
HP-PSU_assembled.jpg

Back