• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Going through the basement Sale!

Atari26003

Experienced Member
None of this stuff is truly vintage so I figured off topic Marketplace would be the best spot. If I am wrong I can accept that
Pictures of anything will be posted once an item has interest.
The shipping location is from Thunder Bay ON ( I have no access to flat rate so I need locations to be shipped to so I can box it and take it to the post office to check price :( )

The Sale will go from now until Aug 29th ( I am moving for the school year on the 1st so thats as late as I can go )
These are items I just have in basement that collect dust maybe somebody can make use of them. I hate throwing things out so interest checks etc before I get to set point!

~Book List~
Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition Getting Started - .25c
Parition Magic The Essential Hard-Disk Manager userguide for Version 2.0 - .50
Norton Utilities User Guide Version 2.0 ( Windows 95) - .25c
Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List Windows NT - .50c
Microsoft SNA Server Getting Started Version 4.0 - .75c
Microsoft WindowsNT Server Start Here ( Basics & Installtion) - .50c
Microsoft SQL Server Version 6.0 Setup - .75c
Getting Started With Microsoft Frontpage 2000 - .50c
The Complete Reference - Frontpage 2000 - $1
Using Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000 Version 2 - .50c
Microsoft Exchange Server Getting Started Version 5.5 - 50c
Using Microsoft Access 2000 - $1
Microsoft Exchange Server E-mail Server with integrated Groupware - Installtion Guide - 50c
Whats new In Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 - 25c
Microsoft Access 2000 Bible - .75c
Preparing For Microsoft Access 2000 Certification - .25c
WindowsNT Workstation Resource Kit ( Comprehensive Resource guide & utilities for Windows NT Workstation Version 4.0- $2
Word 2000 Intermediate Rev 1.0 ( Uhm ... ok I guess free with another book)
Mastering Lotus Notes 4 $2 WITH CD ( Nice big book lots of information just not what I need )
Getting Started Microsoft Systems Management Server Version 1.2 for the Microsoft Windows NT Operating system - .50c
MCSE: NT Workstation Study Guide WITH CD - $3 ( Great Study Book and Hard Cover)

These books are in a set so they will be included all together:
~MCSE Test Success: Core Requirements
Covers Exams: 70-067 70-068
70-058 70-073
Couldn't find CD so ill let this go for $5 OBO

~MCSE Core Requirement books:
$5 for Set
MCSE NT Server 4 In the Enterprise Study Guide - HAS CD
MCSE Networking Essentials - HAS CD
MCSE NT Server 4 Study Guide - HAS CD

~Misc Parts~
CPU Dual Core - Intel '05 E2140 Pentium Dual Core (1.60Ghz/1M/800/06) Is $10 an alright price?

Thanks for checking out my post :) Sorry its not vintage items here.
-Matt

Last edited:
That's a good deal for an X41... I'd be interested in one for sure. I assume those take the usual 16V power brick like most other mid-'00s Thinkpads?

Its up in the air about the X41's because they are coming from work I am requesting to even have them myself before I ship them out. ( May have to remove HDDs for security reasons)
But yea, it uses the same 16V 4.5A Adapter as all the other thinkpads :) it made it quite easy since I love the thinkpad line myself lol.

May have to remove HDDs for security reasons

Ooh... hopefully you can talk 'em into letting you do a DoD wipe instead. Those machines use the weird 1.8" PATA drives that are near impossible to find anymore. They can be converted to use a SATA drive, but it's no small undertaking.

Yeah, Darik's Boot and Nuke is generally a government (state level) acceptable multipass wiping routing. It will overwrite each byte multiple times with random data. Federal stuff depending on classification level may still need to be shredded though.

I believe DBAN is DOD certified, it's what we used when I was doing computer refurbishing for a local organization.

Check the systems, make sure they're all at the sameish specs dust them out, run DBAN to wipe the hard drive, run Dell Diagnostics (all were Dell Optiplexes) boot them via PXE with Clonezilla, put the HDD image on them, shut down, register the old Windows key on the MS site, put the new Product ID key on them and then I was done (all I had to do). The reason for DBAN being used is it's free and we HAD to use something DOD certified as the computers were coming from the city.

As for the State, I worked with CDVA (California Department of Veterans Affairs) for a couple summers and when they take a computer out of service or need to re-image it they use a program called Wipe Drive Pro and do a single pass instead of a triple pass then do whatever, whether that be get rid of or re-image with Norton Ghost.

Sadly my boss said I had to e-waste them I cannot take them home. So I have to take the X41 out of the list. However I have updated the first thread for books . I am sorry for that about the x41, I really like the IBM thinkpad series a lot too!

Last edited:
Bump, I am debating on donating the books so ill hold onto for another week then they will be donated.
I hopesomebody finds a good use for them rather than in a fire or something!
Any interest in MSI motherboards?

I can get that Intel dual core processor from you if it's still available. There is a machine here that is the same socket (Presario SR5302FH) that has a Celeron in it that could use the upgrade. PM sent.

Back