• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

price check on a Heathkit H-158

Hm. Interesting. Are you asking about this auction? or just a coincidence? Either way keep an eye on the final price and that will give you a ballpark to shoot for. I don't think it's too common a system these days. Looks just like the Zenith Z-151 cousin though.

lol no idea. It's all how much it's worth to you. Keep shipping price in mind and then the fact that it may or may not work and how much extra you have to spend on finding the rest of the parts. Since it's Heath it can fetch more than the Zenith equivalent due to the older namesake. I really can't predict it since I haven't seen many sell before. Have you searched for completed auctions?

In short, it's only going to bid you up as much as others are willing to compete. So really no foul in putting your personal max. Best case scenario you get it, worst case you know next time that at least one other person was willing to pay more.

yup there are none for the last 60 days i contacted the seller and he said there are a few things wrong with it first it doesnt power up and one of the drives are broke and he said it may be missing parts

Wow.. well it's worth whatever a mantle piece is worth to ya until you can repair or replace all the systems. That's unfortunate but nice that's he's honest. So a non-working system that you probably won't have an easy time finding the heath labeled gear to complete (keyboard and monitor will probably be equally priced and rare). If it was me I would probably pass but I'm not a specific Heath collector so again, everyone would have their own opinion.

well i am hopeing he didnt know what he was doing when he was testing it lol worst case i can always just pull the cards and sell those to get my money back or atleast break even ya you dont run into to many honest sellers on ebay ya i will have to track down a monitor and keyboard and idea what model monitor and keyboard came with this model?

Hm, so did you end up bidding? I see it went for US $32.51. I'm not overly familiar with the Heath PC line but perhaps someone else here knows model numbers. You might be able to find it googling around the magazine scans they have and perhaps can find a part number or at least if it's just a heath monochrome monitor and AT keyboard that says Heath on it.

Hm, so did you end up bidding? I see it went for US $32.51. I'm not overly familiar with the Heath PC line but perhaps someone else here knows model numbers. You might be able to find it googling around the magazine scans they have and perhaps can find a part number or at least if it's just a heath monochrome monitor and AT keyboard that says Heath on it.

got the heathkit today this is what the expansion cards are
paradise auto switch 28a00 rev 2 1986 pat pending 8 bit vid card
d-g electronic development co game/rtc 8 bit card? not sure what that one is 1984 bad bd-110 v1 cp 1286
everything powered up and all the drives powered on just the one is missing the latch and i am sure i need the clean the heads there are scratched on the lid and a small crack in the faceplate
IMAG0456.jpgIMAG0455.jpg

Back